Regular Contributor

I bought Kind bars for December delivery last year and paid nearly $50.00 for them. It was the box with several kind in it.

They are very good. But!!!!!!!!!!

I was in Costco last week and they have a box, same size, for $9.99. They were all the same kind, I am so mad a myself and at QVC.

Trusted Contributor
I recently bought them at Costco in a 2 variety pack and paid $19....more than the price you listed. I've never seen the savory flavors anywhere but they don't appeal to me anyway!
Honored Contributor

We get them at Costco too. I just don't think they're very satisfying; my family enjoys them though.

Respected Contributor

I can get Kind bars almost anywhere for far less then the Q. At least you won't make that mistake again.

Trusted Contributor

Why be mad at QVC because you chose to purchase the bars here rathr than spend time comparison shopping? I am not criticizing the OP; I have been in similar situations where I purchased something at QVC only to find it cheaper elsewhere. It happens, but there is no reason to be mad at QVC -- unless QVC guaranteed and promised that it coulds not be found cheaper elsewhere.

I think many people are now aware that the bars can be found elsewhere -- usually for less, but many people have neither the time nor ability to get out to purchase then as easily as others.,

Honored Contributor

Good heads up.

Honestly, I think a lot of the food on QVC is targeted for people who are rural, have more money than time, or are home bound. I wouldn't buy Kind Bars from QVC, but I know they exist and are easily available at most stores near me. If I didn't get out much or do my own grocery shopping, I wouldn't know they exist, so I wouldn't know that I could go visit other sites to look for them. Sometimes I decide convenience is more important than money and I buy something from Amazon Prime to have it delivered to my door without having to go to the local store and buy it. I could buy things at CostCo, but I live alone and don't need 2 gallons of pretzels, so I don't spend $50 on a card to go once a year. My mom could go to CostCo, but she's handicapped and would have a hard time maneuvering the larger containers and it wouldn't make sense for her to shop there.

QVC is definitely not the cheapest option for purchasing food, but there are plenty of reasons we don't always choose the cheapest option.

Honored Contributor

They are always way too expensive here. I get mine at Amazon, because I like to choose just certain ones anyway.

Respected Contributor

Why are you mad at QVC? No one forced you to buy the bars and everyone know that you can find KIND bars locally for less money. I like them but they don't work as meal replacement like my protein shakes do. I can make a double shake and make that my meal and be full for hours. I bought the Tsv for my husband, I thought he'd like the savory flavors, I haven't seen those locally. And it's a great variety. I'm not a spendthrift but I don't go through life pinching pennies and comparing prices on every little this and that. There's more to life than money. Like convencience and time. Yes, I could drive around town looking for the cheapest KIND bars in the area but I'd rather spend my time kicking back enjoying my home and I prefer the convenience of home delivery and the assortment of flavors.

Contributor
On 1/14/2015 equss said: I recently bought them at Costco in a 2 variety pack and paid $19....more than the price you listed. I've never seen the savory flavors anywhere but they don't appeal to me anyway!

Me too and I believe it was 18 count of bars.

Valued Contributor
My local grocery store occasionally has them on sale for $1/each. I only really buy them when they're on sale. $1/each for 30 would be $30, $9 less then the Q price. While I do enjoy a KIND bar every once in a while, it's not worth it for me to buy in large quantities.