Occasional Contributor

The Q keeps giving us less and less for our money. Now the Prime Rib only weighs 4.5-5 pounds instead of the 5.5-6 pound I buy every year for family. The families(4) I sent it to every year are going to wonder if old Auntie is getting cheap! The larger roast not even available. Who can I contact to complain?

Trusted Contributor

You can buy the larger size directly from Kansas City Steaks. Keep an eye out, or search online, for reduced shipping codes.

Beef prices have increased dramatically, and shipping costs continue to rise. QVC likely went with the smaller size to avoid a huge increase in price. Complaining is pointless as it is too kate in the year for QVC to add to its stock, and the item is available elsewhere.

Trusted Contributor

Right now, online, no shipping, the ham and prime rib are cheaper from Kansas City, than on Q, if you do not need the easy pay............Cool

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

You can also order your prime rib roast from most better grocery stores or meat markets, whatever size you need, they would also hard freeze it for you I'm sure. No shipping costs, except for when you ship it on to your recipients, then you would need dry ice and a Styrofoam container and pay expedited shipping. Those costs would add up pretty fast, I expect.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I notice that the KC hams are slightly smaller, yet the price has gone up about $10 this year. These are outstanding hams, but $73 seems a bit high.