Honored Contributor

KA food processing attachment vs. an actual food processor

How does everyone who has the KA processing attachment set think it compares to a stand alone food processor? I bought the attachment set, and I honestly don't like it. It's too high, the attachments are not simple to attach and too many "things" to store apart from my KA.

I've been cooking for 50 years, so I'm not a novice, but I got fooled into thinking this was going to be a "good thing". I rarely if ever, pull it out to use it anymore. I've had it for a couple years or so.

I will be interested in reading what others think.

Btw, I'm going to buy another food processor before the holidays, lol.

Thanks

"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

Re: KA food processing attachment vs. an actual food processor

[ Edited ]

I tried the KA attachment recently at a friend's house and REALLY didn't like it for the reasons you mentioned and a few more.  (My friend doesn't like it either and was planning to return.) My years-old Cuisinart food processor is a workhorse that's easy to use and clean, so I'm sticking with that. Newer is definitely not always better! 

Respected Contributor

we bought our ka food processer set last october and we love it. once we got use to it its easy.the dicing part is awesome. you can dice everything for a large soup faster than it takes to cut one carrot by hand. i make my pie crust all the time.

Respected Contributor

I love the attachment myself, but I don't consider it a true processor.  It's a slice and dice IMO.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

I have several KA attachments that I really like. I'm currently trying to decide on the spiralizor. I wasn't interested in this processer/dicer attachment for a couple of reasons. One, I have a stand alone food processor. Two: It has too many parts.

It's not for me but I'm sure some people can really use it to it's potential.

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I use my Cuisinart FP more than the KA mixer with attachments. I have the meat grinder, and the spiralizer for the KA that I hardly use. Kind of a waste of $$ and I would sell them both in a heart beat. My Cuisinart does me very well. Have my first one for over 20 years and bought a new one about 5 years ago. I do use the stand mixer tho.

Trusted Contributor

One of the smartest moves that I've made was bringing my KA mixer onto the counter. I bit the bullet and made space for it. Now, I don't make excuses to NOT use it. It's easy to use, I don't have to move it from some other spot. So, now I have my KA mixer, VitaMix, Wonder Pot,, and pressure cooker ready to go. I have dust covers for everything.

Regular Contributor

I WANT SOMETHING THAT DICES DIFFERENT SIZES LIKE WHAT I CALL MY HANDY DANDY SLICER DICER THINGIE, I USE ALL THE TIME.