Honored Contributor

KA Pro 600 Upcoming TSV

[ Edited ]

Just got the email.  I owned this mixer for many years & sold it to downsize to the "tilt head" style.  I must say, this mixer is a true workhorse and if I was still baking as in years past I would have kept it.

Item #K48221 full size motor 575w - Its a great price $299 in lots of colors & ez pay & free shipping too! (I paid double this price 10+ years ago).

5CA8D6D3-C3C9-4B33-9737-09979DC67431.jpeg

(I absolutely hate my new one ☹️☹️☹️ I'm thinking of selling it).

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  Purchased the last KitchenAid TSV and after seeing this model wish I had waited...this model is more powerful (575W) and has better features especially for kneading dough!

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53

I agree the tsv I bought had glass bowl (hate it heavy & cumbersome) and it "jumps" when kneeding bread dough or heavy sticky cookie doughs.  Plus, with the SS bowl the dough didn't stick once i chilled bowl before using😧😖.

I'm seriously thinking of selling it and going back to a heavier model.  (it's still in the box after 3 uses!)

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@GAQShopr53

I agree the tsv I bought had glass bowl (hate it heavy & cumbersome) and it "jumps" when kneeding bread dough or heavy sticky cookie doughs.  Plus, with the SS bowl the dough didn't stick once i chilled bowl before using😧😖.

I'm seriously thinking of selling it and going back to a heavier model.  (it's still in the box after 3 uses!)

@homedecor1 I think I am going to sell the TSV also and get this model...I really wanted a KitchenAid for baking bread...I think for the first time I will use the Q card and take advantage of the 9 month special financing and that way I will have time to sell the TSV and get the price I want!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@GAQShopr53

@homedecor1  Sell it!  I got premium prices for 3 I sold at garage sales.  Two were mine and one mom's.  One lady was in front of the house in her car at 5:30 a.m. to get one.  

These big ones are wonderful!  They really power though things and are good for small batches as well!

Respected Contributor

Re: KA Pro 600 Upcoming TSV

[ Edited ]

for cookies and dough the bigger one is really good. i got one and we love it. good luck everyone.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

Im sooooooo tempted!  One of the dumber things I've bought...

Respected Contributor

Re: KA Pro 600 Upcoming TSV

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Sooner

Im sooooooo tempted!  One of the dumber things I've bought...

@homedecor1,  Go ahead and do it or you are going to be stewing about it. Bigger IS better!!!Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I have the open top Cook's Companion one from Evine, similar to the recent HSN Wolfgang Puck open top mixer and the Paula Deen one.   I like it because it is lightweight compared to the KA and is 600w.  It mixes great as long as you pour your ingredients in right, just like with the tilt head KA.  Granted, the KA will easily outlast the Cook's Companion, but for what little I bake these days and the price, I'm good with it.

Image result for cooks companion open top mixer

Trusted Contributor

I really like it!  However it won’t fit under my cupboards. It’s 17” tall.