Esteemed Contributor

Re: KA MINI STAND MIXER UPDATE

@Tigriss wrote:

You can get the KA Mini Stand Mixer manual online.

https://www.kitchenaid.com/content/dam/global/documents/201705/UseandCareGuide-9709785-RevE.pdf

I hope that is right.  I just went to the KA site and went to the mini stand mixer and scrolled to select the specs and manuals tab, then scrolled past the specs and clicked on the + to display the manuals.  I clicked the download link.  If you want to print, just print the pages you want.  Don't print the whole thing as we hardly need the whole thing, especially if you already know how to plug it in, change the beaters, turn it on, etc....Manufacturers have started doing this to cut down on paper usage and be more environmentally friendly.  It also reduces cost since printing and binding those things can be expensive, just try to get something printed in color (or even black and white) at Staples and bound.  I get their cost is more, but even DIY it is expensive.  E-Books all the way folks.

Thanks a bunch, @Tigriss !  Figured they're all doing this nowadays to save $$$$.  Guess I'm old school, I still like my books!Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

goldenlocks first thing is good luck with your new awesome ka mixer. flex edge beater should do everything the regular flat beat mashed potatoes it will keep bowl wiped like it does for cake batter. we never use the flat beater we use flex edge for everything but i would call and check. if you should have gotten beater included then they owe it to you.  you can even call kitchen aid directly. there customer service is excellent. they fix most problems even if they have to replace an item 

I'll give them a call as I might want to order the sifter thing, depending on price 'cause if I give my email address will get 25% off first attachment order when registering the mixer.  As far as the flex vs. the flat, as long as it does the same things, I won't make a big deal 'cause they must have run out of the flat.  But thanks for your advice, @Pooky1 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
If customer service is excellent, then ask for a manual to be mailed out. I do believe this is a generational difference in customers. I'd rather have a digital copy I can access anywhere versus paper manuals floating around my house I have to store. I'm sure there are plenty that feel the opposite. To each his own.

Think I will hit them up for that, @Tigriss !Woman Very Happy