Honored Contributor

Be advised these are the real BIG ones.   I got them and one pair wouldn't stay closed they would pop open. Scary.  Handles are for a man's hand.

work good, though. they look small on TV, but, they're for fat hands.

Valued Contributor

I have the older ones without the handles, and they are great.  I've also given them as gifts.

Honored Contributor

product thumbnail

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I agree - the ones shown here are pretty big. I have them and also bought the smaller ones (don't have the item number) and prefer the smaller ones. I've used the large shears for outside projects and that awful plastic packaging that is hard to open. The small ones get used everyday and are the best shears/scissors I've ever had.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Be advised these are the real BIG ones.   I got them and one pair wouldn't stay closed they would pop open. Scary.  Handles are for a man's hand.

work good, though. they look small on TV, but, they're for fat hands.

ITA except if they are self sharpening one pair of mine doesn't work. After a bit of use one pair is not sharp. I could never get them to lock--it always pops open. I do use the serrated box opener a lot though.  These were my first purchase , I do think it would be easier without the large looped handle .