Frequent Contributor

Has anyone used this new k-cup cleaner? It's a k-cup that you place in your Keurig.

Re{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor
No, I've not seen this yet. Thanks for the heads up, I'll look for it.
Esteemed Contributor

great idea

Honored Contributor

I haven't heard of it either.

Esteemed Contributor

This is a new one on me and a great idea. Thanks.

I've presently been using an empty ""My K-Cup"" and running a brew cycle as an improvised method to clean my Keurig.

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure I see any point to it myself? It's only descaling the cup area when the whole machine needs cleaning. I'll stick to vinegar and a toothbrush for the cup.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Frequent Contributor
On 1/19/2014 debc said:

I'm not sure I see any point to it myself? It's only descaling the cup area when the whole machine needs cleaning. I'll stick to vinegar and a toothbrush for the cup.

I agree w/ debc. There is also a liquid for descaling the machine itself, but the content is only good for 3 uses. I'll continue using vinegar and put the $$ on k cups instead.

Thanks for your comments.

Re

Respected Contributor
On 1/19/2014 RE said:I agree w/ debc. There is also a liquid for descaling the machine itself, but the content is only good for 3 uses. I'll continue using vinegar and put the $$ on k cups instead.
Thanks for your comments.

Vinegar just seems safer. I always equate that stuff to lime away or something. How many times would you have to rinse it to feel safe to drink your coffee? LOL it's pretty bad with just vinegar in it. I think I got distracted and didn't rinse it at all, well that's what it tasted like anyway. I'm sure it's probably not really toxic, but it's in my mind. Smiley Happy

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*