Trusted Contributor

Re: Just wondering, what do you do with leftover pickle juice??

Great ideas! Thanks to all for sharing! I'm definitely going to try some of these. I love vinegar and all kinds of pickled veggies. I recently found there is a local company making pickles and pickled veggies in York, PA called Epic Pickles and they are to die for. I'll use their leftover juice Smiley Wink

KJPA
Respected Contributor

On 7/13/2014 kittymomNC said:
On 7/13/2014 ciao_bella said:

I like to use leftover pickle juice when I make coleslaw. It gives the slaw a much better flavor that using regular vinegar.

I always put pickle relish with juice in my potato salad, but never thought of adding the pickle juice to cole slaw instead of vinegar. I made some cole slaw the other night and gave some to my son to take home - he said it wasn't sweet enough this time. I'm going to try the pickle juice when I make it again. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Ditto to what KittymomNC said. I have cabbage in the refrigerator right now for cole slaw so I'm looking forward to trying this.

Contributor

In the past I've marinated chicken breasts with it and then put them on the grill.

Super Contributor

pour it out and throw the jar away.

Regular Contributor

PUT HARD BOILED EGGS IN THEM

AND PLACE IN FRIG.

Super Contributor

Barbara, would you share your refrigerator pickle recipe? TIA

Wonderful ideas here from those of you who answered her question practically. Thanks so much.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I throw it away and recycle the jar. I love homemade bread and butter pickles.

I have friends who put a little pickle juice in their potato and macaroni salad dressings. It's good.

I have a former coworker who put pickle juice on vanilla ice cream when she was pregnant with twins. Talk about weird cravings. Ugh!

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Super Contributor

Toss! lol

Trusted Contributor

I have caught my husband sipping it! Gross
Trusted Contributor

I especially enjoy using the juice from pickled jalapenos or pepperoncini peppers. It has just the right amount of spicy "zip" to liven up coleslaw dressing, creamy tomato salad dressing, potato salad, etc. I usually add just a couple (or a few) spoonfuls to the recipe.