Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just wondering, what do you do with leftover pickle juice??

I drink it when I have acid reflux/heartburn. It works like a charm.

Valued Contributor

Add cooked Brussel sprouts. Great as a veggie dish.

Valued Contributor

I add hard boiled eggs and leave them for a few days for pickled eggs.
Super Contributor

I make pickled eggs from the pickle juice. When I have a couple jars of pickle juice leftover, I hardboil some eggs, add some garlic powder, pepper, and a couple dashes of tabasco sauce. Let the eggs marinate about 3 weeks. Delicious!

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Trusted Contributor

My husband always uses the juice to make more picked vegetables, just adds whatever we have around.

I haven't done it recently, but years ago I would have intense cravings for tart flavors and I'd add some to tomato juice as a drink.

Super Contributor

I give them to my nephew who is on a baseball team. It's good for leg cramps. They add to Poweraid.
Respected Contributor

I too make refrigerator pickles and with the juice I add to my potato salads. Also add to my coleslaw.

My husband gets leg cramps and he uses white vinegar right on the leg as a rub and the cramp goes away. I did not know that you could drink pickle juice and get the same effect. Thanks to those that posted it. I will pass the info along to my husband.

Super Contributor

On 7/13/2014 lolakimono said:

I'm not kidding, but some people drink the juice (in small quantities) to relieve leg cramps.

In my younger drinking/club days my girlfriend used to drink a shot of pickle juice after taking a tequila shot. She claimed it prevented hangovers, I don't know if that is true but she rarely had a hangover. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 7/13/2014 Soushi24 said:

Add cooked Brussel sprouts. Great as a veggie dish.

that sounds good!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/13/2014 ciao_bella said:

I like to use leftover pickle juice when I make coleslaw. It gives the slaw a much better flavor that using regular vinegar.

I always put pickle relish with juice in my potato salad, but never thought of adding the pickle juice to cole slaw instead of vinegar. I made some cole slaw the other night and gave some to my son to take home - he said it wasn't sweet enough this time. I'm going to try the pickle juice when I make it again. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}