Trusted Contributor

Just made turkey breast in air fryer!

It is absolutely beautiful. I used one of Meredith's recipes where it is glazed with cherry preserves, but didn't have any of that so I used strawberry preserves and mixed in a little balsamic vinegar. I cooked it for 25 minutes a side at 350. I checked the temp and the outside was fine, so I let it rest and then started to carve. Oh oh! The center was still pink so I stuck it back in for another 15 minutes. Oh - it was about 3 pounds and I used my new Paula Deen 8.5 qt fryer.

And @momtochloe, I got it from Trader Joe's!

Honored Contributor

Re: Just made turkey breast in air fryer!

Oh @Lisa now in AZ that's great, I am so pleased you are happy with the turkey from TJ's!  The one I have frozen is just too big so when I get rid of some of my good backlog, I am going to thaw it out and see if I can cut it in half somehow and try it in the air fryer.  I am going to have to try that preserves/balsamic vinegar glaze as I bought flavored balsamic vinegars from Aldi that I would like to try on something other than a salad.

I just pulled two cookies out of the air fryer, delicious!  Cookies 2 emoticon

Valued Contributor

We made a 3lb turkey breast in the air fryer for Thanksgiving - just 2 of us - but injected it with cajun seasoning.  I think the cooking time was more than what was recommended also.  It was so delicious. 

Valued Contributor

well thats very good..

Respected Contributor

This is not fair!  I'm sitting here starving (well maybe not starving, but you get the idea) and I would love to be able to go to our fridge and pick on a nice piece of turkey!!!  But what do we have -- nothing.

I have to try the turkey breast in the air fryer.  The ones we usually buy are Butterball and they are about 3lbs.  I would think much too big for my fryer.  If I go to TJ's, am I looking for a fresh or frozen turkey breast?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Did I mention I'm starving and now have turkey envy?

Honored Contributor

@hellodali the turkey breast is in the fresh section and you will be looking for a half of a half turkey breast.  They are still a good size and more than enough for 2-3 people.  They don't always have them in stock so you may want to call ahead to make sure they got their shipment.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloeThank you so much.  I have a bit of a drive to TJ's so thanks for the advice to call.  Great idea!

Trusted Contributor

The one I got at TJs was actually a Kosher turkey breast - that was all I could find, and, yes, it was fresh. Have fun. I am sorry to say that the extra 10 minutes should have been 5 - after all that, it was a little bit dry when I sliced it. Still good with extra chicken stock and glaze, though.

Respected Contributor

Lisa -- here it is late evening and I am hungry yet again!! LOL

Thank you for getting back to me.  I'm going to check them out -- yum.

As far as poultry goes, I always feel it is better to be safe than sorrow.

Again, thanks!