Honored Contributor

Just curious -- ITKWD Logo Items

I was watching the repeat on Q2 and I saw now introduced were more ITKWD logo items.

I wonder what % David receives from the sale as I "assume" he has this logo trademarked.  

I did get a chuckle though about how one might want to buy a few to "gift" friends who enjoy the show🙄😉

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just curious -- ITKWD Logo Items

I am certain that the rights to the logo belong to Qurate, not David himself, as he is an employee.   He's probably compensated appropriately. 

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I was watching the repeat on Q2 and I saw now introduced were more ITKWD logo items.

I wonder what % David receives from the sale as I "assume" he has this logo trademarked.  

I did get a chuckle though about how one might want to buy a few to "gift" friends who enjoy the show🙄😉

QVC owns the trademark.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I was surprised they were selling. I can't imagine wanting those words in my kitchen.

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I was surprised they were selling. I can't imagine wanting those words in my kitchen.

I don't get it either, but different strokes.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

I don't know any Chef Davids personally, so...

Esteemed Contributor

The items are not appealing to me, but the concept is really not unusual—there are plenty of "brands" or other things to be a fan of that you can celebrate with items that feature their logos. It's just the same as wearing a jersey from your favorite team, carrying a handbag from a specific line, or displaying designer home decor.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

The items are not appealing to me, but the concept is really not unusual—there are plenty of "brands" or other things to be a fan of that you can celebrate with items that feature their logos. It's just the same as wearing a jersey from your favorite team, carrying a handbag from a specific line, or displaying designer home decor.

@loriqvc 

That's true never thought of it that way, as for kitchen items -- I assume it's just like I only will buy Curtis Stone or certain brands.

And as others have said "Q" owns  trademark but he gets %.  

Thanks😊😊

Honored Contributor

I always thought G.I.L.I. belonged to Lisa Robertson.  Well, its still at QVC and she can't use it.  

Honored Contributor

the first question in my house would be---who is david??  Not a huge fan of that show or the happy dance--now if a portion of the price were to be donated to some charity then I can see it --but I don"t need coffee mugs or spoon rests or t- shirts with his name on it----and of course he is getting $$ for it --but what he does with it is his business----I really don't care---