Trusted Contributor

Re: Just Crack An Egg...Very Good!!

I had one of these yesterday, and I have to tell you, they are convenient, but I wasn't impressed. They lacked something. Can't put my finger on it though.

Respected Contributor

I haven't seen these in stores yet . I think it would probably be better for someone on thier own to consume a few chemicals and have a meal than not. The ingredient list posted here said "less than 2% sodium " ? 

In the same vein one can google meals in a mug and find many recipes and instructions on that sort of thing with home ingredients , large mug , & microwave. I believe to scramble eggs in a microwave the key is to stop and stir a few times. Personally I usually find it just as easy to do stovetop.

i just purchased a book from HSN titled "Meal in a Mug " by Denise Smart (all under $10.00) that I am finding useful for meals when DH is at work and it is just me to cook for.

Respected Contributor

These are on sale this week......for every 2 that you buy at $2 each, you get a free dozen of Land 'o Lakes large brown eggs. 

Too bad I don't really eat eggs and, when I do, I grow my own !

Respected Contributor

I guess I'm a Neanderthal.  If I want eggs, I'll take the time to make the eggs.  

No.  I don't plan on trying them.

Super Contributor

On Sunday, I make mini-veggie frittatas or crustless quiches in a muffin pan, and have them available in the fridge for the work week - just grab one, heat it up in the microwave, and a delicious, home-made, healthy breakfast.  

Respected Contributor

I by no means am suggesting these to be eaten every single day, but I love the quick convenience they offer in lieu of a Jimmy The Baker’s Cinnamon Roll, lol.  It is good to mix it up.  They will be my every now & then for a quick go-to.  I just picked up some more today.