Trusted Contributor

Jill's Cheesy Slow Cooker Pasta Bake

I was wondering if anyone had ever made Jill's Cheesy Slow Cooker Pasta Bake, which is posted on her blog.

I was thinking this might be a good thing to make for our annual Super Bowl Party. I was looking for feedback, since there isn't any on the thread on her blog.

Thanks!

Gloria

Respected Contributor

Re: Jill's Cheesy Slow Cooker Pasta Bake

I haven't tried it, but thanks for bringing it to my attention. I would love to try this one, I'm always looking for good, different slow cooker recipes.

Honored Contributor

I make a variation of this (Italian sausage instead of hamburger and add green peppers and mushrooms), but it's so easy to just mix the ingredients, I don't bother using a slow cooker.

Just pre-cook the pasta, mix with everything except mozzarella cheese...top with the cheese and bake for 30 minutes.

Or prepare in advance, refrigerate and then cook for 45 minutes on game day.

It makes a LOT...and is great as a leftover too.

Occasional Contributor

Have made this twice. Like how the sauce cooks into the uncooked pasta and it dosen't get mushy. Made this for Christma Eve guests put together in the morning and it gave me the rest of the day ot get other things done. Try is it's very good.

Honored Contributor

Jill has expensive taste...Rao's sauce is almost $7 a jar here in Buffalo!

Trusted Contributor

Terrier2, I really like the Wegman's Parmesan Romano marinara sauce. And at 99c, you can't go wrong! Love Wegman's.

Respected Contributor

I think the pasta bake would be perfect for a Super Bowl party. In fact, I just copied it and plan to make it this weekend. I have most of the ingredients on hand and just need to pick up a couple more.

Thanks. Smile

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 Lynneuk said:

Terrier2, I really like the Wegman's Parmesan Romano marinara sauce. And at 99c, you can't go wrong! Love Wegman's.

That is what I am using in my oven variation of this recipe tomorrow for my lunch party!

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 terrier2 said:

I've honestly never heard of it. But I don't think she has to worry about the cost. LOL

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 1/16/2014 terrier2 said:

I've honestly never heard of it. But I don't think she has to worry about the cost. LOL

It's from a famous Italian restaurant in NYC.

Wegmans sells it.