Trusted Contributor

We have a network called, 'Pivot'. They run the old Jamie Oliver travel shows. Very entertaining!

Respected Contributor

Re: Jamie Oliver

[ Edited ]

I really like him too!

Honored Contributor

I used to love the original Jaime Oliver cooking shows on the Food Network when he would cook in his "flat" for friends and family.

Our cable company carries Pivot but it's not in my cable package which is a shame as I would love to watch it!

Valued Contributor

I love him and now I'm going to look for this channel-Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I think he was disappointed that Americans did not embrace his healthy alternatives.

Honored Contributor

TRAVELER wrote:

I think he was disappointed that Americans did not embrace his healthy alternatives.

IIRC, it was he who did a cool, multi-part, show on trying to get Americans to offer better nutritional lunches for school kids.   It was kind of embarrassing how ignorant so many kids, by virtue of their parents, were about nutrition and nutritional foods.

I remember him showing how they make chicken nuggets and they were all grossed out - until they came out done and they all jumped right in.  It was truly vile - that pink whatever it was.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jamie Oliver

[ Edited ]

I would take chicken nuggets any day over jellied eel--and lots of other stuff people eat!  LOL!!  You do remember, don't you, that wise old saying "Parts is parts". . . LOL!!