Respected Contributor

Re: Jacques Pepin marathon on Create TV

@Reever 

It was, because that's when I saw that one instance. But there have been many.

For example, less than 10 minutes ago! 😳There he was, making chocolate coquettes, during which he dipped them in chocolate, then proceeded to lick the chocolate off his fingers. Then he picked up assorted, beautiful berries, put them on a dessert--and licked his fingers again. If I land on his program, it's guaranteed that he'll be stuffing his fingers in his yap within a couple of minutes.

This guy is a pig in the kitchen. And he's traveling first-class.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

Love Jacques!  If you listen enough you can get the hang of his accent. always enjoyed watching him cook.

Nope cant understand his thick accent.  He mumbles too.  He goes OFF if I see him on PBS.  Love Lydia and Sarahs Weeknight Meals on PBS.

Respected Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

@Reever 

It was, because that's when I saw that one instance. But there have been many.

For example, less than 10 minutes ago! 😳There he was, making chocolate coquettes, during which he dipped them in chocolate, then proceeded to lick the chocolate off his fingers. Then he picked up assorted, beautiful berries, put them on a dessert--and licked his fingers again. If I land on his program, it's guaranteed that he'll be stuffing his fingers in his yap within a couple of minutes.

This guy is a pig in the kitchen. And he's traveling first-class.

@Moonlady  He needs to stop behaving like that immediately in the Era of Covid 19. If the episode was filmed prior to the outbreak I will give him a pass but if this behavior contiunues I suggest you write to the shows producers.  He may be putting the crews life at risk wth his carleless behavior.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever 

I don't know when tonight's episode was filmed. Probably before Covid, but his lack of savoir faire is not getting a pass from me lol. There are few things more disgusting than finger-licking. 

And here's a WaPo article snippet, mentioning his "habit." It's from a 1977 article, so it seems it's always been part of his repertoire:

Screenshot_2020-06-21-22-13-15(1)(1)(1).png

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

A search of public television information and other details via Google indicates that the most recent round of shows Jacques filmed wrapped up in 2016.

Honored Contributor

@Cntrlcstgrl wrote:

Yes, I just love Jacques Pepin. He has a fb page, does a recipe nearly everyday from his home kitchen.

@Cntrlcstgrl  Thanks for the info. I never thought to check his FB. Will do.