Honored Contributor

Pioneer woman , of course.

1a2550f6-e006-4740-89d9-5432346f480d_1.bd34b848b17a9081982106c35dffbd96.jpeg

Valued Contributor

Yes it's very pretty but I read that her things chip very easily. Do you have any experience with that?

Red is the accent color in my kitchen so this really appeals to me. 

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

you would really go for this complete set of red dishes I saw on walmart site

This platter is 14.5 long. Others are bigger at 17 and 21, but, I would want this smaller one.  I mainly buy her melamine stuff. Cheaper, microwaveable, unbreakable. This platter is stoneware, but, I'd buy it. LOL

I think it all depends on whose in the household. Just me and husband he doesn't do nothing in the kitchen , so, no worries on him being rough on the dishes.

If you got teenagers and men in household who don't know how to handle 'finer' stuff I can see where anything can chip. I trust myself, though, so, I could handle this piece without chipping it up.

Honored Contributor

Her stuff is so pretty but I had to stop buying it because of the chipping. 

Honored Contributor
I have several PW accents in my kitchen. The only “dishes” are a few coffee mugs. I’ve had them for about a year - no chips so far. I think her stuff is pretty but I won’t give up my Longaberger pottery. I have a ton of it.
Respected Contributor

I don't need a large serving platter more than a few times a year.  I have one that I got at BB&B for like $12 several years ago, it's a 16" Everyday White Porcelain by Fitz & Floyd oval.  I think they also had larger & smaller sizes, but this one was adequate for my needs & plenty big enough for me.

Honored Contributor

I have oogled her things at Walmart quite a few times. They are so beautiful and I always want them.  They don't match in my kitchen at all though and I have no use or need of them.  Truly gorgeous pieces though.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

you would really go for this complete set of red dishes I saw on walmart site

This platter is 14.5 long. Others are bigger at 17 and 21, but, I would want this smaller one.  I mainly buy her melamine stuff. Cheaper, microwaveable, unbreakable. This platter is stoneware, but, I'd buy it. LOL

I think it all depends on whose in the household. Just me and husband he doesn't do nothing in the kitchen , so, no worries on him being rough on the dishes.

If you got teenagers and men in household who don't know how to handle 'finer' stuff I can see where anything can chip. I trust myself, though, so, I could handle this piece without chipping it up.

I don't believe that any melamine is microwave-safe. Does it say so on the packaging?

According to the FDA:

"Foods and drinks should not be heated on melamine-based dinnerware in microwaveovens. Only ceramic or other cookware which specifies that the cookware is microwave-safe should be used. The food may then be served on melamine-based tableware."

Honored Contributor

I find many of the pieces in her line appealing, but not enough to buy them or have them in my home. Too mix matched, and too bold/busy for setting an entire table/kitchen, for my taste. 

But still, I find many pieces pretty. 

Respected Contributor

To be perfectly honest I don't dig the colors she usesRed and orange together is not a good combo- it clashes. Also not a big fan of the giant floral pattern. Some of her toned-down stuff is nice, for instance, I saw a jade colored pitcher that was pretty.