Respected Contributor

Re: Is the Cheryl Cookie Company Anti-Christmas

Why is it so important to you. It doesn't make Christmas less Merry,less joyful, or less religious to not have Merry Christmas printed on a cookie tin.Do you expect everything you buy at Christmas to print Merry Christmas on the packaging...hot dogs, coffee, or cereal?  It is not anti-Christian. In fact I think you expecting  this is really over the top.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Hate to break it to you there are a lot of peopel who do not celebrate Christmas and would never buy a item with Merry Christmas on it.

Sad    Man Sad

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Hate to break it to you there are a lot of peopel who do not celebrate Christmas and would never buy a item with Merry Christmas on it.

Sad    Man Sad

Why is that sad?  I'm a Christian, and I've never purchased a menorah, Jewish star, or anything that says Happy Hanukah, so why would would you expect a Jew to purchase something that says, "Merry Christmas?"  

Honored Contributor

What on earth does a cookie company have to do with the celebration of Christ's birth  ???

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Sad    Man Sad

Why is it sad that someone who is Jewish would not purchase an item that says Merry Christmas?

Honored Contributor

They make a ton of money off of Christmas so I doubt that they are anti-Christmas. I was happy to see someone found some attractive items that have the words you are looking for on them. You might want to reconsider and give them a try.
Honored Contributor

@Apple3232  Did you look at their website before posting this?  They have two cookie tins that say Merry Christmas.  Several of their cookie assortments have tags that say Merry Christmas.  They have a Christmas tree cookie jar, a Christmas elf, a Santa cookie jar, a Christmas tree tower (one of the sentiments on it says Merry Christmas), and many other Christmas cookie arrangements.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Apple3232 wrote:

When I checked and called last year they did not!!  Do you know why they do not put these products on QVC?

Probably because QVC believes they will not sell as many cookies if they only say "Merry Christmas" on them than if they are more holiday-inclusive - and because QVC chooses to sell to non-Christians. Shocking, I know, but true.  It shouldn't be allowed.  The nerve. God will get them for it, but it may take awhile. In the meantime, QVC continues to welcome ALL customers, of every belief and NO belief. The day they blatantly favor one belief over all others is the day I and many others write QVC off totally.

P.S. I don't see Jewish customes complaining that there isn't a Hanukkah set sold on QVC.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not have a problem with a business trying to make their murchandice available to as many people as possible.  But I agree with you wholeheartedly in matters of Christian spicific establishments.  I REFUSE to go to any Church funded " Holiday Craft Fair." I WILL go out of my way to attend a churches CHRISTMAS Craft Fair."  If the Christians refuse to call it what is  I have no use for it.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

What on earth does an object with the words Merry Christmas have to do with the birth of Jesus?

The things that some people find to complain about never ceases to amaze me.

If this is the most pressing issue in your life consider yourself blessed.