Honored Contributor

Interesting Idea for Kitchens

From Ikea- they advertise this as easy to set up/take down, for those who might be moving.  I see it as an awesome solution during a kitchen remodel, for a basement "extra" kitchen, like for a man cave or holiday guests, or a space that does not have a kitchen, like a garage space, a she-shed, attic space, art studio, or anywhere that someone would like to prepare simple meals.  

IKEA offers smart and small compact kitchen units, such as SUNNERSTA kitchen in white stainless steel. If you’re looking for kitchen design ideas and want a kitchen on a budget, IKEA has a wide range of kitchen furniture and kitchen accessories.

IKEA offers a wide range of compact kitchen units, such as the IKEA SUNNERSTA mini-kitchen in white stainless steel. Want new kitchen storage ideas? Use IKEA SUNNERSTA utility cart in white and keep utensils in smart boxes with lids, such as IKEA KUGGIS.

Want new kitchen storage ideas? IKEA offers a wide selection of waste bins and storage boxes for compact kitchens on a budget. IKEA SORTERA waste bin in white plastic has a foldable lid for easy access. Get more new kitchen ideas at IKEA.

Want to free up a teeny-tiny prep space? Just hang your kitchen utensils and washing up accessories within easy reach on smart hooks. IKEA offers a lot of new kitchen design ideas and products for small kitchens, such as the IKEA SUNNERSTA series.

Looking for new kitchen ideas? IKEA offers smart compact kitchen units for small spaces. Place a customized chopping board such as IKEA GRUNDVATTNET in gray plastic on top of the sink and double your counter space.

Want new kitchen ideas on how to pack up your kitchen for moving? IKEA has a wide selection of storage boxes that can be used for packing, such as IKEA KUGGIS white plastic box with lid.

Respected Contributor

Re: Interesting Idea for Kitchens

@lolakimono, can you tell how the water is supplied and where or how the water waste is removed?  I see a bin with dry paper, but no liquid waste. Any ideas?

Respected Contributor

A Coffee/Tea Bar designated area in the Kitchen. Organized to fit your family.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann

I don't see any other info. on their site about that- just this.

I assumed that you would set it up in a space that had plumbing roughed out.  For the frame piece, for example, I could use that in my basement where plumbing exists, but I don't have a utility sink.  It could be my handwashing/stain removal station.  

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@noodleann

I don't see any other info. on their site about that- just this.

I assumed that you would set it up in a space that had plumbing roughed out.  For the frame piece, for example, I could use that in my basement where plumbing exists, but I don't have a utility sink.  It could be my handwashing/stain removal station.  

That would work. The people who owned my home before I bought it installed a shower in the basement, but apparently it never drained properly, so I have chairs in the stall and one of my cats sleeps there. I have no idea why the sinks drain perfectly well down there, but not the shower. Plumbing seems so straightforward, but it's full of strange rules and secrets.

About basement sinks, I will say if you have the space, you might come to appreciate a real utility sink. I have a two-tub utility sink and it can hold kitty litter pans flat for sanitizing and it's deep enough for things like bedspread presoaking. If I ever have to give any of my cats an immersion bath, I'll use those sinks, which are much handier than a bathtub (minimal stooping and you're not on your knees).