Trusted Contributor

I cannot think of one single IP CON.   There are many days that I use mine

numerous times a day.  Example, tonight I'll first be making Hibachi Fried Rice,

then a Polynessian Pineapple Chicken to go with the rice,  In keeping with the

pineapple theme going on, I've already made

a pineapple upside down cake for dessert. The recipe made two cakes, so I

froze one for another day.  I just LOVE my IP, and  when I come across

a good price, I'll be

buying a 2nd one to keep in our RV so I won't have to tote this one back and forth.

I haven't tried a cheesecake yet ( I keep using up my cream cheese) but I've made

a few dump cakes and they come out really good.

Honored Contributor

@yellowroseI looked up recipes for those two dishes and they sound delicious.  It seemed like there was a site called Pressure Luck on YouTube where everything looked quick and easy.  Is there a particular site you use for these recipes as I would like to try both of them?

Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe.  I got the recipes off facebook. The guys name is Jeffrey and he has his own site.  It's the same one you already found - pressureluckcooking.com . If you go there and do a search for one of the recipes, it will include a link for the other, and also the pineapple upside down cake.  Every recipe I've tried from Jeffrey has been very good.

the Polynesian chicken uses thighs in the recipe, which I don't care for. I almost substituted with breasts, but decided to try it with thighs, and it was good.

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

@momtochloe.  I got the recipes off facebook. The guys name is Jeffrey and he has his own site.  It's the same one you already found - pressureluckcooking.com . If you go there and do a search for one of the recipes, it will include a link for the other, and also the pineapple upside down cake.  Every recipe I've tried from Jeffrey has been very good.

the Polynesian chicken uses thighs in the recipe, which I don't care for. I almost substituted with breasts, but decided to try it with thighs, and it was good.

Excellent, thank you so much @yellowrose.  I like his videos and recipes very much and look forward to making both of these dishes!

Valued Contributor

@momtochloe, Thank you so much.

Valued Contributor

Thanks to every one for all the wonderful feed back regarding the Instant Pot......I'm sold!

I'll check out Amazon's during their Prime and others in between times.

Once we move, I will get one.

Respected Contributor

@yellowrose  I think I will make that yummy sounding pineapple upside down cake next week and take it to one of my friends.  Thank you for posting about it.  I just ordered the pans and hope I can find the cake mix in the store nearby.  I am a good baker, but have never used a cake mix.  Am a bit afraid of it (don't know why though).

Honored Contributor

@JCF wrote:

@momtochloe, Thank you so much.

And I just want to say thank you @JCF as often people ask for advice/feedback and they never come back again to the thread.  It's so great to read all of your posts and I so hope you enjoy your IP as much as we do and best of luck on your move! 

Home animated emoticon
Contributor

JCF, If you have Amazon Prime, then I would wait until Prime Day to buy an Instant Pot. Prime Day is usually around the second week of July. However, be aware that it sells out fast. The last couple of years it was Amazon's best selling item on Prime Day.  Also, be aware that Amazon might start Prime Day early. Last year they started it 3 hours early and the Instant Pot sold out in about 20-30 minutes. So be prepared. On Prime Day and Balck Friday you can usually get around $30-$50 off the price of the Instant Pot.

I won't mention all the things an IP can do since you can find that info on Amazon and other websites. It is the best appliance I have ever bought and use the most. I have two of them. I eat a plant-based diet and do bulk cooking. I no longer buy canned beans. I cooked them from scratch without soaking in the IP. I also make my own soy yogurt in it. That can take 10-12 hours so that is why I have two IPs. Those are just a couple of things I cook in the IP among many other things.

The IP is not necessarily faster for everything because you do have to wait for it to come up to pressure and for the pressure to release if you use natural release. However, the big advantage of the IP is that you just throw everything into it and go do something else. You don't have to babysit the food at the stove stirring it or checking to see if there is still enought water in the pot.

I don't think you will be disappointed if you buy one.

Respected Contributor

Re: Instant Pot

[ Edited ]

@JCF,You might also check out the Instant Pot Max soon to be released. There are some pretty significant changes on this one. It will have 15 psi, more powerful so canning is possible. There are a number of improvements. There are too many to list here but if you google it there are several sites that list the changes. There is also supposed to be another one out after the MAX later in the year.  They are not telling anything about that one yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed for an oval. The Max will cost about $200 for all the extra features.