Valued Contributor

Does anyone have the Instant Pot sold on Costco.  The model number is not listed on the Instant Pot site.  If you have that particular model do you like it?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Instant Pot sold on Costco

If Costco is the seller, I wouldn't hesitate to buy; Costco has a great return policy.

Trusted Contributor

I just went to the website and saw Instant Pot Duo SV 6 qt size. So the functions are really similar to the IP Duo Plus model just sold here as a TSV. Great that it has the Sous Vide function if that's important to you. But it has the original venting/sealing lever lid design instead of the new auto sealing lid design and does not have the egg and cake functions. No big deal. I'll bet it's a great model for the price they're selling, $69.99. Looks like an upgrade to the IP Duo model. I'd go for it for the Sous Vide.

Honored Contributor

I bought that thing when QVC was selling it.  I've never even taken it out of the box.

One of these days I'm going to have the Mother of all yard sales...

Maybe I should call it "Save Shipping...Visit My QVC Yard Sale.....All Items Still In Boxes".  Ha!

Or maybe I should call it...."Come and Buy something and help me feel better about all of the money I spent and didn't use the items".  

Naw! That's too long for a poster....It would help me feel better though.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I love your post.  You make me smile.  I'm coming to your garage sale, sister!  Smiles.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kismet  Yes, I do have that IP and bought it from Costco about 2 weeks ago.  I have another 8 qt. IP, but wanted the smaller one especially with the sous vide feature.  I have not tried that out just yet and have heard mixed reviews on it.  If that feature isn't what I expect, I will not hesitate to return.  Costco has such a wonderful return policy -- none of this 30 days business.  Anyway, getting back to the IP.  I do like it and have made just a few things in it.  Beef stew comes to mind and it was very good.  Takes a bit longer than my old stove top model, but I have the time.  Another try was a cheesecake -- out of this world.  It was so creamy that I suggest Jr's Cheesecake make their cakes in this pot.  J/K.  If you do purchase from Costco, do it quickly because the sale price ends very soon.  Don't forget if you order on-line the price is exactly the same as in warehouse and free shipping and the shipping is QUICK.  Got mine in 3 or 4 days.  Hope you like it.

ETA -- just checked -- $69.99 price ends tomorrow, 10/6/19.  

Frequent Contributor

OMG Annebellethecat!  I do the same thing!  I have THAT TSV InstantPot still in the box in my dining room.  It's been sitting there a couple weeks.  I also have a Kitchen Aide oven sitting in the garage over a year.  New in the box.  Unopened.  I'm going to donate it to Purple Heart.  Maybe with the IP.  I have a little shopping problem...don't feel so bad now...

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I bought that thing when QVC was selling it.  I've never even taken it out of the box.

One of these days I'm going to have the Mother of all yard sales...

Maybe I should call it "Save Shipping...Visit My QVC Yard Sale.....All Items Still In Boxes".  Ha!

Or maybe I should call it...."Come and Buy something and help me feel better about all of the money I spent and didn't use the items".  

Naw! That's too long for a poster....It would help me feel better though.

I don't know where you live but if you live close to me,  I'd toss another IP into your sale.

Respected Contributor

@Emmie1165 wrote:

OMG Annebellethecat!  I do the same thing!  I have THAT TSV InstantPot still in the box in my dining room.  It's been sitting there a couple weeks.  I also have a Kitchen Aide oven sitting in the garage over a year.  New in the box.  Unopened.  I'm going to donate it to Purple Heart.  Maybe with the IP.  I have a little shopping problem...don't feel so bad now...

Don't feel bad, mine's taking up space in a closet.

Respected Contributor

Costco seems to always have the best deals and include all the bells and whistles.  Return policy is unbelievable