Esteemed Contributor

Re: Instant Pot on Sale today!

@LizzieInSRQ OMG...how scary.  So the stove (top) was involved.  Years ago I, like many, stored extra pots/pans in the oven portion until I forgot and pre-heated the oven.  Never again - and the whistle teapot is the only thing that ever sits on my stove.  So lucky you were awake enough to smell the odors.  Thanks for repl and be safe.

Honored Contributor

no sell out of colors yet. Guess they're losing popularity everybody done has one.

Respected Contributor

I just bought a Foodie a few weeks ago, it seems, and my CE 8qt pressure cooker still works fine, so I just cannot justify buying an Instant Pot.  Wish I had not bought the Foodie, frankly, since I have to store the pressure cooker lid separately and I already have a convection oven, but I got suckered in by the presentations.  No point in "air frying", DH is diabetic and does not eat fries or anything like them.  Can't justify donating it, it cost too much!  DH was enamored, but he doesn't cook, why did I listen to him?  LOL!  Anyway, my original plan was to buy an Instant Pot when my CE pressure cooker died, since I think the IP is more versatile and I like the stainless steel interior, but now I have to wait for the Foodie and the CE pressure cooker to die. 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watch David every Sunday and it's a good thing I did my homework before the Special Value demo of the Instant Pot, otherwise I would not have bought one today, and I would have turned off the TV. The demonstrator, Lisa Brady, was far more interested in selling her cookbook than showing the full features of this Instant Pot. Every time she showed cooked food, she mentioned her cook book and the page number for the recipe. Clearly, the Special Value should have been labeled Lisa Brady's Recipes for a Pressure Cooker, because she paid scant attention to the other benefits of this product, such as, the slow cooker, sous vide, rice, steamer, etc. I purchased one, but it had nothing to do with her demonstration.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sadly, I agree with you. She is not a good spokesperson for explaining and showing the features of this Instant Pot. She should be showing us how the functions work, especially the sous Vide which is not standard on these items. Instead she is showing us completed recipes from her cookbook. It's a shame. Still I bought one too, but not because of her...or David.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw a couple of printed IPs, Pioneer Woman brand, at Walmart....cute!

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

Trusted Contributor

I aready have an Instant Pot and a sous vide stick, so I managed not to buy this. But, I WAS interested in her cookbook, since I saw a couple of things I would like to make and wanted to see what she did with the sous vide function. She hardly ever demonstrated that or even explained what sous vide was. Also, she made such a big deal about the changing of the steam valve, but I have never had a problem turning the valve to either vent or seal - no big deal.

If someone doesn't have an IP, it would be a great start, but, most of us already have 1 (or more). I am hoping that I will like the cookbook, but I wish she had shown MORE recipes than the few she kept repeating. 

Valued Contributor

I don't feel she's really demostating foods that people would use this for. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm watching now - and she's doing a better job, maybe bc not focusing on recipes from her cookbook (since it sold out). Rick is doing a great job of drawing information out of her.

edited: Rick is doing a great job and she is doing better, but she is still mentioning recipes from her book, page numbers, etc.

Respected Contributor

I purchased an IP today because I’ve been wanting one for a while, and I cook a lot. But I did not buy the cookbook and I think the presentations were lacking a lot .  They were totally repetitive all day, and never even touched on cleaning the machine or other useful information they could have provided, for example, the most common mistakes, or other easy dishes...