Respected Contributor

Just bringing it to your attention.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Instant Pot on Sale today!

yeah, I saw that last night. Everybody is IPot crazy. I got a red one, but, my first love is still Ninja Foodi.

David will rock them out of the house.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I got mine, in copper last night. I'm so fortunate to be able to replace the one I accidently melted just a couple of weeks ago for the same price I paid last year's TSV. the coloration is different as they are colonizing the metalic part instead of the plastic parts but the sealing/venting is safer and I get the glass lid to boot! It is a phenomenal deal! No s/h either! WOOT WOOT!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, the glass lid is a plus.  You need a glass lid with these pots.  I think charging extra for them is stupid.

Enjoy your IP!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ How did you melt your IPot?   Would never expect that to happen - tips how to prevent appreciated.

Super Contributor

Yes an upgraded model of the Instant Pot Duo Plus is a TS. The Instant Pot Duo Plus is available elsewhere, but does not include the Sous Vide setting. 

To anyone who has any model of an Instant Pot with a sous vide setting, could you please comment about how well it works. Typically sous vide circulators circulate the water in the container being used to cook the food. This IP does not do that. The effectiveness of the sous vide feature will be the make or break feature of this pot for me today. I currently have an IP-Duo 6 qt.

Note: on Amazon today - cost of 

9.98 (2 extra genuine IP sealing rings) + 12.59 (glass lid) = $22.57

Thus with getting the glass lid and an extra ring, it's a good deal for the cost of the IP Duo Plus on QVC today.

Trusted Contributor

Yes I'm curious too to hear about Sous Vide experiences in Instant Pots.

Respected Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ   So so happy for you that you were able to get the replacement so quickly after your mishap recently and for such a great price.  

@sharke  Yes, David did indeed rock them out of the house--and one of them is coming to mine--whoo hoo!  Best price, new sous vide feature, and an early Christmas gift to myself.  Won't have to wait for store or online Black Friday deals and can start using as soon as it arrives.  

By the way, thank you for mentioning/recommending Kitchen Unlimited.  Placed an order with them and was absolutely pleased with variety, quality, prices and prompt shipping.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ How did you melt your IPot?   Would never expect that to happen - tips how to prevent appreciated.

I had stored my pretty purple 6 qt Instant Pot on .my glass top stove ( Very small kitchen).

2 weeks ago I got up in the middle of the night to get a glass of iced tea, made some room on my stove, next to my cutting board, for some items I was going to be chopping the next day for a huge salad  ( just putzing around insomnia style).  Later in my bedroom about 25 minutes later, i noticed a terrible taste in my mouth and  smell in my nose, very chemical. I got up walked out and there was smoke in my kitchen/ living room. In my moving and making room, i had pushed my Instant Pot back, it had pushed in and turned the burner knob to mid low and there were glowing EMBERS under the pot and the bottom had melted and was starting to ignite the wiring. Smoke and soot surrounded on my stove

I'm never storing an appliance on the stove top again, ever. Had I fallen asleep...might 've had a major fire. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

yeah, I saw that last night. Everybody is IPot crazy. I got a red one, but, my first love is still Ninja Foodi.

David will rock them out of the house.

@SharkE And I'm holding out to upgrade to an IP Max!  It goes to 15 pounds pressure and you could even can in it. It auto releases pressure in bursts and you can program that in for slow or fast release.

For Sous Vide, we have one already and I would never use an IP for that, too easy to get that little stick out and plop in a pot.  OFF the stove!