Frequent Contributor

Yes, it also air fries.  Saw it today at Target.  8 qt and 2 lids.  Pressure cooks and also air fries.  Very big.  Anyone else see this?

Trusted Contributor

@CindyDale wrote:

Yes, it also air fries.  Saw it today at Target.  8 qt and 2 lids.  Pressure cooks and also air fries.  Very big.  Anyone else see this?

OH BOY -  I was out this week looking for the lid that would air fry.  

I did not see the new version of Instant Pot's.

Frequent Contributor

I’ve seen some good reviews on the mealthy crisplid (mealthy dot com). Still haven’t decided if I am going to purchase one.

Honored Contributor

I'm wondering if these double duty machines actually crisp as well as a stand-alone air fryer whether it be Instant Pot or Foodi.

Frequent Contributor

My guess is no, or not really.  The Phillips air fryers are top rated.

Valued Contributor

I own the Mealthy Crisp Lid and like it very much. Of course, I don't know how the lid on the new IP works. All things being equal (if they are), I'd prefer the Mealthy Crisp lid because it's partly glass and you can look in as food is air frying to see how it's doing. No need to lift the lid and lose heat to check on your food.

Valued Contributor

"I'm wondering if these double-duty machines actually crisp as well as a stand-alone air fryer whether it be Instant Pot or Foodi."

I can't speak to the Foodi, but I think the Mealthy Crisp Lid used on my IP works as well as a standalone air fryer. However, it doesn't cook at much food at one time as an air fryer. That's not an issue for me but with a large family, it might be.