Honored Contributor

Today at the grocery store sheck out, I saw a Better Homes and Gardens Insta Pot recipe booklet if anyone is interested.

I don't have one.

Respected Contributor

Instant pot...

Honored Contributor

I don't really "cook" in my Instant Pot but I make the best hard boiled eggs in it weekly.  HBE were a thorn in my side.  I tried numerous methods and gadgets, and was never successful at the perfect peel or perfect doneness, until I bought the Instant Pot. I know, it probably sounds stupid to buy one just to make eggs, but I am finally glad to have something that really works and I got it pretty cheap on a Black Friday deal. 🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

It makes perfect brown rice in 22 minutes. I've also made cheesecake in it.

Respected Contributor

I love my Instant Pot. I have a few cookbooks. I don't buy cookbooks any more. I find any recipe I want by putting in "instant pot" and a few ingredients I want to use or main name of a dish like "Instant Pot Pot Roast Cream of Mushroom Soup"...internet has yet to fail me

Regular Contributor

I love my Instant Pot.  I have a 3 qt. and a 6 qt. that I use for different things.  I recommend getting some different color rings to use for items that have odors.  I use the clear one for making brown rice, hard boiled eggs, oat groats and other grains and beans, as well as for pasta.  I use the red liner for meat and fish dishes and the blue one for baked goods, like cheesecake and other desserts.

A favorite family dish is the pasta in meat sauce or with meatballs that cooks with dry pasta in 6 minutes.  I have also discovered that you can cook pasta in just  water using a one minute time, then let it naturally release (so you don't get sputtering using a quick release).  Just use enough water to barely cover the pasta, set the time for 1 minute.  When done, let the pressure naturally release and you will have pasta ready for whatever you want to use it for. 

I have also used it as a slow cooker- it works well for slow cooking pot roasts and soups and stews, as well as pork butt for pulled pork. I like that you can brown the meat first before slow cooking it.

In case you can't tell, I love my Instant Pot.  I also have a 2 qt. Cook's Essentials pressure cooker that I use a lot as well.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch I have a different brand of pressure cooker but that's what I mostly use mine for too. They come out perfect every time.

Honored Contributor

I have a 3qt Instant pot that I use all the time--mostly for soups.  I make the best risotto in it, also veggies--green beans are the best---I use bob Wardens pressure cooker books almost all the time----and of course, the spuds and eggs for salad. Great machine