Super Contributor

QVC...

Please, please, please...always mention if the cookware you are selling is induction capable.

Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Induction capable cookware

Induction capable is a hot selling point. If it's on sale, and they don't mention it-I would assume it is not. Especially aluminum cookware.

Trusted Contributor

Check out the Nuwave induction cookware over at HSN. I bought a couple of their pieces and they are great! I have an induction cooktop and I have All-Clad, plus other pieces....Giada has some available at Target and Wal-mart online has a line that is called Tramontina, and these other pieces work just as well as my very pricey All-Clad.

Super Contributor

On 1/26/2014 TexasMom1 said:

Check out the Nuwave induction cookware over at HSN. I bought a couple of their pieces and they are great! I have an induction cooktop and I have All-Clad, plus other pieces....Giada has some available at Target and Wal-mart online has a line that is called Tramontina, and these other pieces work just as well as my very pricey All-Clad.

Thanks!

Super Contributor

This is not intended to be a snarky question; it 's simply a question. What is it about an induction cooktop that would make you choose it over just using your stovetop?
Trusted Contributor

Make sure the Tramontina is the "Tri-ply Clad Stainless" set. Read the reviews, they are all great! I have really been impressed with these. I have just picked up single pieces of all of the above I mentioned. I think these are only available online now. I picked up my single pieces in the store, so I got to feel their weight and the handle.

When I redid my kitchen, I was either going to do a gas cooktop or induction. I had had an electric cooktop and well, I was ready for something new. I did lots of research. I wanted a cooktop that was not a danger to any of my future grand children. The heat response on induction is just as quick as adjusting a gas flame. Water boils extremely quickly and when you turn off the heat, it is off, just like that. Induction was definitely more expensive and I literally could have gone either way. My contractor had the gas line ready for hook up if I wanted it when he pulled off the sheet rock behind my old cooktop (we redid all the tile, counter tops, etc). I had the induction top already ordered and went with it. I am glad I did. I really like it. I personally feel gas cooktops are difficult to keep clean. I guess I just remember my Mom's gas range when I was growing up.

Super Contributor

On 1/26/2014 ilovedaisies said: This is not intended to be a snarky question; it 's simply a question. What is it about an induction cooktop that would make you choose it over just using your stovetop?

I live in an apartment with a krappy stove that the electric burners seem to heat up as they wish.

I thought I would try out the precision heat control of induction.

You can ask any question...I'm easy going.

Valued Contributor

I love my induction cook top. It's as good if not better than gas. More control. Love it. I received a set of cookware with my purchase of the cook top. I had electric before and never used gas. Mine particular style is has no knobs...jenn aire. Love. It.
Regular Contributor

I went to a cooking class at a winery and asked the chef about induction and he said a lot of the big restaurants are going to induction because they don't generate the heat like gas or electric so the kitchens don't get so hot.
Respected Contributor

On 1/26/2014 radimage said:
On 1/26/2014 ilovedaisies said: This is not intended to be a snarky question; it 's simply a question. What is it about an induction cooktop that would make you choose it over just using your stovetop?

I live in an apartment with a krappy stove that the electric burners seem to heat up as they wish.

I thought I would try out the precision heat control of induction.

You can ask any question...I'm easy going.

Agreed. We bought a house with an existing glass top stove that I hate, but can't see replacing until it goes (I'm old fashioned like that, LOL). I hate the cycling on/off and no real control over heat and we don't have gas available here (my preference for cook tops).

OTOH, the Nuwave heats fast and is pretty darn accurate (we've tested it).

I generally buy cookware by the piece anymore and was happy to see most of it was induction ready. I just had bought a bargain basement SS "set" (WearEver Cook & Strain - roughly $65 for a 10 piece set) just to round out my cookware to replace all the nonstick pieces I tossed, and was amazed that it was induction friendly, too!

Denise