Respected Contributor

Re: In The Kitchen With David

@KBEANS How fun!  I'm glad you were able to go and you had a good time!

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Yeah, the program really did seem a bit off, didn't it. I couldn't help but think someone/something has changed here...either me or this show. I once really enjoyed it but now today it just seemed juvenile and even hokey from the get-go. A couple times I wanted to cringe. 

On a positive note, it did seem David kept his constant references to his new eating plan to a minimum today...or maybe I just missed them. But if indeed he did, that was a plus. At the rate he has been going QVC may need to consider changing the show name from ITKWD to ITLCKWD..."In The Low Carb Kitchen with David."   

@pupwhipped   I have to agree about the carb reference.  It's gotten quite tiring.  It's been nearly a year since the weight started to come off (last February, according to David).   

He did reference it during the Corky's presentation today.  

His twice a week Live Coffee Talks on his social media pages spend 98% of of the time to all things carbs.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KBEANS wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Justholdingon   The tickets were sold?  I always thought they were given away at no cost....

@Carmie- Tickets are free, first come, first served.  Sold out meaning they went quickly.

@qbetzforreal 

Yes, you're right tix were free!  😊 I was in the audience this afternoon and I can assure everyone we had a good time. It was emotional for the QVC team as well as the audience, seeing a crowd after all this time.

Everyone was feeling a sense of normalcy for a change.

Rick was the first one to come and greet us while we waited in the lobby. It was a nice visit to The Q.

The audience was 135, which was capacity of that particular studio. All the seats were filled and everyone was happy to be there. @elated  I enjoyed it and my weekend here in West Chester. It's a sweet little town.

Shout out to Destiny, who I met there today. She won the Le Cruset!  I met some really nice QVC shoppers there today. 

Viewing on TV, it appeared there were empty seats. Maybe, it was full but people left early. There were seats in the back and on the side. I saw this when the camera was scanning the audience. 

Also, David said the audience were given items. What did you receive?

Esteemed Contributor

I only watched a short time, so maybe I missed David going into the audience to interact.

It needed that. I saw the 95 year old fan. He should have gone over to her. It was awkward.

Esteemed Contributor

@KBEANS- Glad you enjoyed yourself along with the audience!

Esteemed Contributor

David V. Is probably the #1 most loved host on QVC. Most people enjoy watching him and certainly they buy from him. If you don't like his style, maybe CSPAN is for you. Personally, I love David V and CSPAN, both! Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I must agree with you pupwhipped.  I do love David.  I DVR his shows and I have all his cookbooks.  While I am very happy he has lost weight and feels wonderful, the constant references to the "low carb, low sugar" diet really turned me off and away.  I don't watch his coffee talks anymore and I end up deleting his shows.  I have tried to return but he seems a different person, and he has lost his appeal.  At some point I will try to watch him again as he seems such a fun kind and upbeat person.  I am a Vegetarian and I really try to not be labeled and boxed in with my dietary choices.  It's only important to me and no one else cares.  I kind of feel that way about constantly promoting the keto diet.  Anyway, I thought it was only me so thanks for your post!  

Honored Contributor

So he's having a little fun.  It's been a long time since he's had his live audience with him.  He's just excited.

Respected Contributor

JMO but I think David is all about David.

Trusted Contributor

If David wants to do low carb perhaps he can convince QVC to show the nutritional values of the packaged food they sell. I sure would appreciate it, I control a health condition and hate buying and returning, or going to Amazon to find the product....

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)