Honored Contributor

If you have a Meijer grocery in your area

they have Ragu pasta sauces this week for 55 cents (at least in our ad, sometimes ad prices vary by region). 

You have to buy in groups of 5 to get the price, but what a screamin deal!

I bought 20 this morning. 

5 for my son's house 

5 for my mom

5 for my stock

5 for our local food pantry.

Can't believe such a great deal. Not my most favorite sauce, but for that price, I'll make it work!

Respected Contributor

Re: If you have a Meijer grocery in your area

[ Edited ]

Don't know if the Meijer grocery chain works like our local ones do (Publix and Kroger), but the "buy 5" offer doesn't mean you must buy 5 of that item.

At Kroger, the five items can come from a variety of items in different categories covered in the "buy 5" offer for that week.  In other words, the five items can consist of five different items.

Both Publix and Kroger around here will also prorate the price on quantity sales like that.  If you only buy 1 of an item on a "2 for $xxx", the price of the one you actually buy will be cut in half.

Never saw this type of grocery store marketing technique until I moved here several years ago.

Valued Contributor

We have Meijer all around us.  We either go to Marion or Marysville.  I will have to check that out.

Honored Contributor

@hellokitty wrote:

We have Meijer all around us.  We either go to Marion or Marysville.  I will have to check that out.

@hellokitty 

I was at the Marion Meijer a couple of months ago! It isn't a town we get to much, as it's a further drive than Mansfield or Ontario, but my husband sometimes works over there, so we do get there once in awhile. 

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

Don't know if the Meijer grocery chain works like our local ones do (Publix and Kroger), but the "buy 5" offer doesn't mean you must buy 5 of that item.

At Kroger, the five items can come from a variety of items in different categories covered in the "buy 5" offer for that week.  In other words, the five items can be only one of five different items.

Both Publix and Kroger around here will also pro-rate the price on quantity sales like that.  If you only buy 1 of an item on a "2 for $xxx", the price of the one you actually buy will be cut in half off regular price.

Never saw that  grocery store marketing technique until I moved here several years ago.

@novamc1 

Yes, same for Meijer, that you can mix and match any of the items in the "Buy 5 save $5" offer. 

Valued Contributor

I checked the ad on line and you are correct. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohiothank you I mamo this Wed right across from Meijer in Bolingbrook.  I hope they are still on sale.

& I need to go to Trader Joe's in Naperville for red wine from France.

Valued Contributor

Hello @Mary Bailey !

That's the Meijer I go to.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Dog   small world

Esteemed Contributor

I love our Meijer and that's a great price.  I was near ours yesterday but didn't stop in and have no plans to go to ours for a couple of weeks.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown