Honored Contributor

Re: ITKWD - with Rick .... NO WAY!!! Not watching! Cannot stand him!!!

Oh, now I wish I had watched it!!!! I enjoy David, but I also enjoy Rick!!! He's fun! Great sense of humor!

Contributor

On 1/8/2014 sparklestar said:

thanks for the announcement.

LOL :-)
Contributor

I'll with you,stevieb.( love your moniker and postings btw) I don't understand his appeal either.I much prefer David than Rick who seems to have a carnival barker type presentation in my humble opinion. blockquote>On 1/9/2014 stevieb said:
On 1/8/2014 golden mariposa said:

There is such a wide disparity of feelings that it's hard to believe we are talking about the same guy. I guess you really love or hate Rick.

Seems to be and I guess I fall in the latter group. I can't even tolerate him. Don't think he's cute, don't think he's funny and don't understand for a moment how anyone can consider him either of the above or to be a good host.

Contributor

I AM SO SORRY STEVIEB. I DIDN'T GET THIS POSTING RIGHT.I REALLY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DO THIS PROPERLY BEFORE I MAKE A FOOL OF MYSELF AND WRONGLY ASCRIBE SOMEONE POSTINGS TO ANOTHER PERSON.PLEASR FORGIVE ME. :-(
Trusted Contributor

On 1/8/2014 candy said:

Have to disagree, I enjoy Rick, always have. David, too. They are both very funny and into the shows.

Candy

I agree, Candy. I enjoy both Rick and David. I'll take them any day over several of the female hosts!

Valued Contributor

I had to laugh at AnneMary's post of calling Rick "slick". I have referred to some female host and vendors as motor mouth and I think Rick falls in that catagory only with hyper attached. I don't think I have watched him since his used car tactics sold me a rocking chair years ago. Now, that rocking chair is a nice one (maybe Thomas Pacone or something like that) but I needed it like a hole in the head. I bet it hasn't been sat in 10 times in all these years. I realized then, he could probably sell me anything, so no more Rick at my house.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

Rick is one I cannot stand to watch. He comes across as a phony, hyper used car salesman. I don't think he's as funny or as good looking as he seems to think he is. He's also got a lot of annoying habits that make him hard to watch/listen to.

Trusted Contributor

Don't watch. Nuff said.

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch, but I don't mind Rick. I think they are all just in hyper mode anymore, which is probably dictated by the PTB there.

JRT was on Sunday, in David's stead, and that was just awful to watch. I lasted about 10 minutes with her over-talking vendors, interrupting incessantly, and just being beyond speedy. I'm not talking about just talking fast. She had that fast-talking urgency of one who is on speed. I'm not saying she was on speed, as she probably wasn't. But that was exactly the way it looked. She couldn't let anybody else get a sentence out and did everything humanly possible to make every single thing about her.

I also cannot watch Carolyn do cooking shows. All that slopping food everywhere, making a mess, and talking with her mouth full is just sickening. She seems like a nice lady. Just keep her away from the food when the cameras are around.

Respected Contributor

On 1/8/2014 cgando said:

Too many little old ladies with nothing better to do.....

Perhaps you're speaking of me - I am rather little (just over 5 ft.) and certainly old (will be 80 this year). And I assure you, I'm definitely a lady. But I have plenty to do. I have several volunteer jobs and lots of children and grands to spend time with, a husband I adore, and a beautiful yard and home I enjoy (thanks to DH). But sometimes I like to sit and relax and I love to watch kitchen shows, and I prefer them to be hosted by women.

I wish much the same for you. Not concerned with your size, but I wish you live a long and healthy life; a happy family to enjoy; wonderful things to occupy your time; and the absence of folks who feel they have to "throw off" on older women, forgetting that they too are well on their way there. Happy 2014, and many more.