Trusted Contributor

Re: ITKWD - Oopsie Mark Charles

OMG just saw the peeler break. Smooth MCM in just setting it aside. But it is clearly obvious. Now...still want to see the temptations handle breaking. I searched and could not find it.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Is video of the gadget breaking posted on the website?  i don't suppose so, but maybe.

@ValuSkr - it's still there right now.  Go to the ITKWD show for today.  Look for the item, and the break comes up at roughly the 6:40 mark.  The potato was peeled and MCM really jammed that julienne blade in too far before pulling on it. 

LOL   Thank you for this!  Nice recovery by MarkCharles!

Esteemed Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

I have been watching but happened to walk away and missed that part. You can see how thin the plastic is. I will keep my stainless steel titan peeler and julienne peeler thank you.

I have the same one and I love mine!!

Esteemed Contributor

It was pretty funny.....ha

Honored Contributor

That's what they call Live T.V. 

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I did! In fact, I had just turned on the TV within 5 seconds of that happening. I liked how he attempted to hide the flub as best he could. That is the first time that I recall ever seeing something fail on the Q. I felt bad. That must be so embarrasing. I knew at that point that I was not going to buy that product!

Valued Contributor

It was about like watching Dan Wheeler earlier yesterday with the irobot talking about all the hair and paper clips it was picking up --- ah, no, it wasn't!!  It kept going over and over and around and still all the stuff stayed  on the carpet yet.  LOL

Respected Contributor

He never skipped a beat. 

Had that been me I would have had a laughing fit.

Mary saw it and she was as cool as a cucumber.