Regular Contributor

Re: ICK!! New Bug In My Kitchen

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@Nataliesgramma, thanks for the tip. Within the last 5 days I've had those tiny little ants all around my kitchen window and going onto the counter. I hate those blasted things. I battle them every spring as well, but will look for some Borax next time I'm out.

@jannabelle1 Baby powder works as well.

Honored Contributor

Don't have much trouble with critters in Tx. Too dry for them. No poison ivy either. Praise the almighty !

Honored Contributor

I'd call a exterminator that doesn't offer contracts. I got a guy to get rid of pocket gophers he charged 125 gophers are gone to gopher heaven .

No contract. They had tore up my side yard to where you couldn't mow over there without humpty hump hump over the mounds of dirt about like groundhogs.

New baseball team is sod poodles named after them . Amarillo, Tx team

why? I don't know. Stupid name for baseball team.

Frequent Contributor

Your little brown bug with the red sounds like a russian roach, well that's what the bug guy here in FLA told me.  Living here in FLA lots of bugs, yucks ..... didn't have bugs issues until I moved into this apartment.  Our bug guy would come by once a month to spray, then the complex changed hands and also bug service; then all of a sudden we started to see these little critters .... yucks .. yucks .. yucks.

Ever since I moved to FLA, I would take items out of their original boxes and put into Lock-n-Lock or some other sort of plastic containers or decorative containers to get rid of their boxes; so when I saw these bugs, I  flipped out.

I reported the issue to maintenance and called in the bug service and the guy said they were difficult to get rid of; everyone on the complex was complaining about them.  They finally came in and put down some sort of paste/bait in and around some areas of the kitchen which was suppose to be good for 6 months, that seemed to have worked (thank goodness) and the bug people still come and do their regular sraying as well.

At times, makes me wonder why I moved to FLA with all the bugs they have here .. lol

Hope you  don't have the same issues as we had.

msclassylady717 in jax fla

Esteemed Contributor

@apl_pi14 wrote:

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@Nataliesgramma, thanks for the tip. Within the last 5 days I've had those tiny little ants all around my kitchen window and going onto the counter. I hate those blasted things. I battle them every spring as well, but will look for some Borax next time I'm out.

@jannabelle1 Baby powder works as well.

Sometimes for ants, I'll sprinkle a little Comet cleanser and use a business card to push it into the crevice where the ants want to get in.

Exterminator told me ants groom themselves, and don't like that Comet chlorinated powder.

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 and @Nataliesgramma, every spring I have a terrible time with tiny ants in the kitchen.....I have bleach in a squirt bottle that I use to clean off the countertops, along with putting out terro on the countertop...did not work long term.

Last year I purchased TERRO stakes for outside.  We put the stakes in the area under my kitchen window outside and I swear, within one day I never saw another ant in the kitchen.

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2DogsThe Terro products work so good for ants.