Frequent Contributor

Re: I want to make a run to Trader Joe's but I need some ideas.

Love Trader Joes Cayenne (red pepper) wont buy anything else...

Respected Contributor

The Unexpected Cheddar Cheese is really good, too.

Image result for trader joe's unexpected cheddar

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay here's my results from shopping at Trader Joe's this morning! 

I had the most enjoyable experience. 

It was crowded but I parked right in front. I asked several employees where stuff was and even a few shoppers, everyone was very helpful and pleasant.

I found almost everything I wanted from suggestions here.

Butter croissants

cheddar cheese

spinach quac dip

crackers

potstickers

mac n cheese

french onion soup

orange chicken

lava cakes

french toast

2 wines one was my fav. and cheaper

yogurt

carnations and roses

and some other stuff

I got 2 compliments on my polka dot jacket and my cap.

They gave me a free bag for shopping there.

Yay!

Respected Contributor

So far I've tried:

french onion soup

butter croissants

chicken fettuccine 

lava cakes

rose' wine

thumbs up for all!

Respected Contributor

@luvmyteddy4  Where to begin?!  If you like asian foods their selection is great, Japanese fried rice with edamame, had it this morning topped with a sunny side up egg and siracha.  Pot stickers (1/4 the price of the Q's), pork buns, kung pao chicken, orange chicken, jasmine rice, mochi ice cream.  Really like the frozen cioppino, brie with mushrooms, rice crackers, sugar & spice coated pecans, chocolate covered orange sticks.  Their sauces & salad dressing are great, gyoza sauce, champagne pear & gorgonzola dressing, spicy peanut sauce.  Their fresh veg is great too, bought a big container of heirloom tomatoes yesterday, baby cukes, baby zucchini, salad mixes like kale, radicchio, brussel sprouts.   I could go on and on....I think I already have lol. 

Respected Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@luvmyteddy4  Where to begin?!  If you like asian foods their selection is great, Japanese fried rice with edamame, had it this morning topped with a sunny side up egg and siracha.  Pot stickers (1/4 the price of the Q's), pork buns, kung pao chicken, orange chicken, jasmine rice, mochi ice cream.  Really like the frozen cioppino, brie with mushrooms, rice crackers, sugar & spice coated pecans, chocolate covered orange sticks.  Their sauces & salad dressing are great, gyoza sauce, champagne pear & gorgonzola dressing, spicy peanut sauce.  Their fresh veg is great too, bought a big container of heirloom tomatoes yesterday, baby cukes, baby zucchini, salad mixes like kale, radicchio, brussel sprouts.   I could go on and on....I think I already have lol. 

Where would I find the peanut dipping sauce, I don't want spicy? 

If you saw what I did buy, I still have the orange chicken and potstickers to try. I bought quite a bit on Saturday so I'll wait a bit until I go back.

I am still getting used to everything in the store and where it is.

Respected Contributor

@luvmyteddy4, just saw your list, yum!  Looking forward to seeing what you think of the pot stickers.  I don't know if they have a non spicy peanut sauce, and as for location they have a designated sauce section usually with the dried pasta.  Then they sprinkle jars all over the store in odd places like above the frozen foods.  Forgot one thing, the frozen flatbreads are delicious, great to have around for a snack!  And the DANISH KRINGLE from Wisconsin....I know I'm shouting ha, it is delicious!  You can google and see the varieties they make, they change it up all the time at TJ's....it's not always available, and very popular.  Bought one this week, the pecan one, wowie it's good.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I just bought a shaker of this Chickenless Chicken Salt seasoning the other day & it's pretty tasty.

Image result for trader joe's seasoning salt chicken

@aubnwa01 I mix up Paula Deen's house seasoning.  It is 1/2 salt; 1/4 black pepper; 1/4 garlic powder.  You could throw in some onion powder in addition to or in place of the garlic powder, and a touch of tumeric and voila!

I get the organic ingredients in bulk at the health food grocery and mix up big batches.  It's cheap that way and we use it in so many things I have one shaker by the sink and one by the stove, and a pint jar in the pantry!

Trusted Contributor

Where do I even begin??? I can proudly say that I was at the first Trader Joe's opening in Pasadena, Ca, my hometown. Anyway, now that I live 3000 mies away, but we do have a couple locations in Danbury and Farmington, CT both over an hour drive from me.

Dried Apricots (NOT THE TURKISH ONES)

Dried Tart Cherries

Pre-made Salads ( a great variety of different ones )

Coffee Beans ( I buy whatever looks good, often the Organic Breakfast Blend )

Chicken or Pork Pot Stickers (Frozen section)

Honey

Almond Butter

Fresh Squeezed Organic Orange Juice

Carrot and Turmeric Juice ( In glass bottle) YUMMMMMM

Sourdought Wheat or White Bread

Raspberry Tart (frozen section)

Great selection of cheese

Bag of different color carrots

Primeval Bars (bread section)

I always buy the organic half and half and butter, cage free eggs

Organic Basmati Rice

Pizzas are great

Sponges (come in a set of 6 or 8)

Spices

Great Beer selection

ORCHIDS!!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

I have a ton of Trader Joe favorites! The peanut butter cups, triple ginger cookies, and orange chicken were must-haves before I started eating healthier. The cookies and chocolate were things I couldn't wait to get home to get into! Garlic parmesan pita chips are really good, same wtih the tricolor tortilla chips. All the salsas are good though the chipotle one isn't very spicy. The roasted garlic, authentica, and smoky peach are my favorites. I love the roasted garlic spaghetti sauce. Pizza sauce is tasty. General Tsao sauce is really good on stir fry. The spices are great, the smoked paprika is half the price of the two lousy ones I just bought and want to toss! Spices are as good as Penzey's. My favorite blend is 21 Seasoning Salute on vegetables and eggs. Produce must-haves are the clamshells of basil, purple sweet potatoes, Crucifierous Crunch, Blue Lake green beans, and bags of small sweet potatoes. The frozen breaded chicken tenders are good, bean burrirto, corn and bean enchilada, and light cookies and cream ice cream are good. Banana yogurt is great. I like the cheeses too, the small mozerella balls are great. The heirloom tomatoes are usually good though last time I bought in November I had bad luck, could be the time of year.