Frequent Contributor

Re: I've had a pot roast in the Crock Pot all day and my animals..

Whenever we had a turkey in the oven our cat would sit in front of the oven door until it was done. She had to get the first helping of turkey.

Esteemed Contributor

Kitty hangs out wherever I am. She follows me from room to room, so if I'm cooking, she's in the kitchen, but she has little to no interest in "hooman food", with the exception of popcorn. She loves it and insists on having a couple of bites. I make sure what she gets has no hulls and she is satisfied with 2-3 small bites.

She eats her Purina Healthy Weight Formula and occasionally, she will eat a tiny bite of chicken if I offer it.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Cats and maybe dogs cannot eat onions, onion powder, etc. and maybe garlic. So, I sometimes crock cook meats without any seasoning, and give a tiny bit of the juice to kitty, over her regular cat food. Just a teeny bit, though. Vets are expensive. Not worth taking a chance with my dear kitty.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

My kitty used to get some small pieces of baked chicken meat and some tuna from the can. She liked a Norwegian cheese called Gjost. When my husband caught snapper, we would save her a bite or two if the cooked fish. After Thanksgiving, she would get a little turkey meat. All these particular foods were vet approved.

Honored Contributor

Kitty loves chicken

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Forget about your animals: if I was at your house, you would have concerns about me getting into that pot! Two of my favorite smells in the whole world is pot roast cooking in a crock pot and a loaf of bread baking in the oven....what could be better?

Poodlepet

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, Emmy shares my eggs and cottage cheese in the morning! She also loves pumpkin, a TINY bit of chicken (she would love more, but she can't handle it) cheese, carrots..yogurt! I'm sure there are other things. I also feed her grain free food which has made a big difference in her health! So glad even Purina has come on board with grain free! Saw it yesterday at Walmart! I feed her the best food I can afford..! You furbabies sound so cute looking at the crockpot!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/4/2014 Poodlepet said:

Forget about your animals: if I was at your house, you would have concerns about me getting into that pot! Two of my favorite smells in the whole world is pot roast cooking in a crock pot and a loaf of bread baking in the oven....what could be better?

Poodlepet

Have to agree..nothing better then a pot roast or bread baking..Ummmm!

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/18/2014 brewhaha said:

Our dog is so spoiled on people food, he won't eat his doggy food.

Thats ok, our grandparents didn't have dog food and they ate scraps and most lived a long life! I wouldn't want that dry stuff either!

-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Meat is dog and cat food. Their bodies are designed to eat meat and bones, not the junk that's in most commercial pet foods.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval