Honored Contributor

I Have a New Favorite Cooking Show!

Jacques Pepin has little videos of a couple of minutes or so on Facebook and they are fabulous!  I love them!

Respected Contributor

Re: I Have a New Favorite Cooking Show!

@Sooner wrote:

Jacques Pepin has little videos of a couple of minutes or so on Facebook and they are fabulous!  I love them!

I love him too, only I watch him on Create. Have had his cookbook for 30 years.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner Oh thanks for the info! I watched Top Chef for about the first 15-16 seasons and he was often on there and loved him.! Will have to check out those videos.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Sooner Oh thanks for the info! I watched Top Chef for about the first 15-16 seasons and he was often on there and loved him.! Will have to check out those videos.

@Love my grandkids I think you will find them as useful and delightful as I do!  He's in his kitchen just cooking something and explaining how he does it!  

It's like being on a stool at the counter with him!  I look forward to them.

Honored Contributor

I loved the PBS show with Jacques and Julia Child cooking together. Two classically trained French chefs who often disagreed about how the other chef did something but begrudgingly accepted the other chef's way of doing things.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I loved the PBS show with Jacques and Julia Child cooking together. Two classically trained French chefs who often disagreed about how the other chef did something but begrudgingly accepted the other chef's way of doing things.

@gardenman Yes it was wonderful!  White pepper?  Never!  Black papper!  In something white?  Never! 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@gardenman Yes it was wonderful!  White pepper?  Never!  Black papper!  In something white?  Never! 

Yeah, you could just feel the tension between them. "Why are you doing it that way? I've always done it like this." But they also had mutual respect for one another. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

Yeah, you could just feel the tension between them. "Why are you doing it that way? I've always done it like this." But they also had mutual respect for one another. 

@gardenman They had a ton of fun on that show razzing one another.  How wonderful to have friends and colleagues like that!