Respected Contributor

My Kroger and my Walmart both had the Fleischmann's yeast today.  Original and fast acting, in the three attached packets. I have not seen yeast for several weeks so if anyone needs it I bet your stores will be getting it too.

Still no bread flour, so I could not get that.  I am in Central Illinois.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

That's great news.  Did the stores limit the number you could buy?

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr 

No, neither had a limit on the yeast.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I bought the SAF yeast at Winco, if you have that store.  Also, I bought the (2) 1 lb packages at Sam's Club last week of Fleischmann's rapid rise.  I now have 3 lbs of yeast LOL

Respected Contributor

@4kitties 

I found yeast yesterday at Kroger's (Fry's)  too. No limit, Winco had yeast last week.

Honored Contributor

I'm happy to learn supplies of yeast are rising.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Walmart had yeast yesterday.  Both the packets and bottles.   They also had whole wheat and bread flour.  No limits on anything.

Trusted Contributor

@4kitties  No bread flour in our neck of the woods for many weeks now.

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo @4kitties I have had a 1 lb. block of yeast for quite a long time.  I keep it in the freezer and "test" it whenever it's going to be used. Never failed me.   

Honored Contributor

It's a shame you all don't have access to Amish grocery stores. They have everything, never ran out of anything. Plus, ever since I discovered buying my baking needs from them my bakegoods are so superior than they ever were before! Why shop the big name stores, do a little research in your area and shop the little guy. You will be glad you did. 

"Pure Michigan"