Trusted Contributor

This is not a biggie topic, but I have spent lots of money trying to get a cup of tea to keep hot. I don't like lukewarm tea.  I also don't like drinking out of a stainless steel thermos.

I have tried putting a rubber coaster on top of the mug, tried a copper mule mug and more. I want to pour hot tea in a nice porcelain or earthenware mug, sip it for a half hour and refill it with more hot water. Usually after 10 minutes, it is lukewarm. I don't mind having warm coffee, but only like hot tea. Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

My stepmother-in-law was British, so she taught me a lot about tea. Here's what I would do. Do you have a small teapot for one that would hold about two cups of water? If you do, I would make my tea in that and cover it with a tea cozy. It wouldn't keep your cup hot, but I have always had mine hot when I poured it from the pot covered with a cozy! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

As a tea drinker myself I always use boiling water to make tea.  I do not mind "sipping" my tea initially.  At least my tea is still "hot" 30 minutes later.

I don't care for "warm" tea either.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor

When I worked I kept a coffee warmer at my desk. It was 4 1/2 x 6.  It held a nice size mug. Never had cold tea again. My boss gave it to me. On the bottom it says COFFEE WARMER Model MEC-179. Hope this hepls you. ( It looks like a candle warmer)

Esteemed Contributor

I have never been a tea drinker but do love my coffee piping hot...I have never found a mug...cup...anything like that ...that keeps the coffee hot for a leisure sit back sipping event...

I don't use any type of creamer...strickly black...yet the coffee would cool down way too fast...even though it was steaming hot going into that mug/coffee cup....

I finally had to go to a thermos type mug....(think contigo from the Q....)....to enjoy my coffee for any length of time...and when out to dinner ...I either drink my coffee fast..or just don't order coffee...

Honored Contributor

when you want the tea to stay hot, we usually tend to use small glass teacups and keep the water and teapot hot by keeping it on the stove or serving it in an electric samovar.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Pa2Fl wrote:

When I worked I kept a coffee warmer at my desk. It was 4 1/2 x 6.  It held a nice size mug. Never had cold tea again. My boss gave it to me. On the bottom it says COFFEE WARMER Model MEC-179. Hope this hepls you. ( It looks like a candle warmer)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Re: How to keep tea hot

[ Edited ]

I recall seeing these on Shark Tank: Coffee Joulies.

It says in their FAQ that you can also use them in tea, hot chocolate, etc.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Pa2Fl wrote:

As the other posters suggested, a coffee warmer would give you what you want.  Amazon had quite a few.  I personally liked the one with auto off.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_17?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=coffee+mug+warmer+...

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for your good suggestions. I will look into all of them.