Valued Contributor

Re: How do you store your plastic containers?

HAHA Mothertrucker

Your post reminded me of when I first moved in to where I live now (I have a townouse) and was having all kinds of trouble one evening.  Was looking for my popcorn popper and couldn't remember where I had stashed it so was looking in every cupboard and cabinet, and things kept falling and tumbling out of my cupboards.  Opened one of my cupboards, and bunches of container lids came flying off the top shelf, and I screamed.  Went to look in a bottom cupboard for it, and had to pull some things out, but dropped 4 metal bowls that nest together and this went on for about 5 min or so.  My doorbell rang, and it was the police.  Neighbors had called cuz they heard the commotion.  I laughed, told them they could come in and look around if they needed to and one of them did, and I told him what had been happening so they left. Then after they were gone I noticed there were  a few empty beer cans on my counter to be rinsed out from when  my friend had been over earlier!

Wonder if I was a "poor old alcoholic old maid" they had to check on that night.

cookin

Respected Contributor

@cookinfreak

That story of yours is hilarious.  Your neighbors call the cops, thinking a murder or robbery is underway, police arrive and find the kitchen in disarray as if a struggle had taken place.............nah, it's just a woman cursing and screaming at  flying plastic containers!!

I experience things falling out of cabinets or tangled up in crowded utensil drawers, and if the windows were open, the neighbors would hear me uttering some very unprintable words.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

in the past few months I have been replacing my old & tired LNLs with the nestable style. I have my LNL stored in my pantry in storage bin on the bottom shelf (I'm lucky I have a walk-in pantry room - previous owner used as a small office area). 

Since I pared down I only have 1 container but used to have 2. The lids are in the drawer in the small cabinet (3-drawer Rubbermaid) I have in there. 

image.jpeg

Ive become quite organized -- my big challenge is my bedroom closet🙀