Honored Contributor
Just made a pumpkin pie for Christmas Eve. Should I keep it in the refrigerator or is counter best? I've never cooked this far ahead. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: How do you keep your pie?

Fridge, for sure, but wait until it's thoroughly cool.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat Perfect, thanks!
Respected Contributor

@Laura14  Pumkin pie usually has some kind of milk or cream in it so it should be covered and refrigerated.  I use a Lock and Lock pie carrier.

Nice to be ahead of the game isn't it? 

Have a happy holiday despite having to work a lot during it.  Saw you enjoyed yesterday afternoon when a lot of the "big kahunas" departed from the scene.  I remember those work days thinking "go, just go, I'll get a lot more done, already!"

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 You beat me to my next question. Thank you guys so much. Have a great holiday!
Respected Contributor

How do I keep my pie?  Away from everybody else!  LOL

Denise
Honored Contributor

How do I keep my pie?   Not for long.

Honored Contributor

The milk and eggs require refrigeration.  If you refrigerate when warm condensation will happen under the foil and the pie will have little droplets of water which was the steam.

Honored Contributor

I agree with everybody else about refrigerating them.  Also, as ECBG mentioned, you need to let them cool COMPLETELY before sealing up.

I let cool completely then put them in Lock & Lock and right into the refrigerator.

What I will also do is go back to them later and check them for any 'sweating'.   If I see any, I just gently blot the tops with a paper towel AND make sure to dry the inside seal of the lock & lock because that will probably be a little damp also.  (yes, I'm neurotic)   Even with complete cooling, there will be a tiny bit of condensation, so this gets rid of the last of it.

After that first check, they will stay perfect and no more incidental condensation will occur on the pies or the inside of the seal, so you shouldn't need to check them any more.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14   I would refrigerate considering there are eggs in it.  Enjoy and Merry Christmas.

kindness is strength