Respected Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Serve Bread With Your Main Meal?

Yeast dinner rolls, cornbread, and biscuits.  I can make them all but only serve them on special occasions.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

We rarely have bread with our meals, although bread was always on the table when I was growing up.  

My farm grandma made a huge pan of biscuits every morning, and a skillet of cornbread every night.   On the rare occasion of leftover biscuits,  she would fry them in butter for breakfast the next morning and roll them in cinnamon sugar.   I loved those leftover biscuits with her homemade apple butter or blackberry jam.   

Bread is only available here when we eat pasta, dried beans, milk gravy, or holiday meals.   

@RedTop,You must have had more of a farm oriented background if you use the term "milk" gravy.  I grew up in that way until around fourteen.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

rarely unless its a sandwich

flashback of my father with bread in one hand and fork in another.  no meal was served  back then without some type of bread or rolls

@TheMemphisVette,Exactly the type of era I had in my mind.  It came from the big farms.  The "hands" had to have calories to get all of the work done!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Rarely, we are not big bread eaters.   Hubby likes garlic bread with pasta dishes and I keep Texas Toast in the freezer for that.  If we are having guests and I know they will want bread, I'll pick up a loaf at the bakery.  Hubby likes turkey sandwhches after Thanksgiving so I'll buy bread for him for that too.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Rarely, we are not big bread eaters.   Hubby likes garlic bread with pasta dishes and I keep Texas Toast in the freezer for that.  If we are having guests and I know they will want bread, I'll pick up a loaf at the bakery.  Hubby likes turkey sandwhches after Thanksgiving so I'll buy bread for him for that too.

@chrystaltree,A loaf of bread will go bad here...unless it's tomato sandwich time!  Love cucumber sandwiches just as much if they're fresh and crunchy with small seeds!  Just not the same scraping the big seeds out of one!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I made chicken noodle soup yesterday and bought a loaf of bread from a local bakery.

I only have bread with soup (and not always even then!) - or if I have a sandwich.

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

I made chicken noodle soup yesterday and bought a loaf of bread from a local bakery.

I only have bread with soup (and not always even then!) - or if I have a sandwich.

@terrier3,We had an amazing second generation bakery here which made a spinach parmesian bread.  Makes me wish I'd given up on the thighs!  They closed!

Respected Contributor

I live alone so I have only myself to please.  I normally don't eat bread with dinner except for tonight when I had an Avocado-Onion- Tomato Salad.  I had no protein with it so I made a piece of toast.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not ear bread at all. Not one bit....ever. Bread is bad for you. Yes, all bread is bad.

Respected Contributor

I eat bread all the time....I also have sugar, butter, heavy cream, seafood, cheese, etc

every single day.  Nothing artificial, no substitutes, nothing low/no fat, not much processed.