Honored Contributor

I like the microwave because we do it on a paper place with a paper towel over it and there is no mess. I have found that lately some of the cheaper bacon brands NEVER get crisp, they just turn into jerky. I think it is probably that after injection the water and salt content is too high for the to fry--they just steam in that juice.

If you have that problem, try a better brand.

Super Contributor

Doing a whole pound at once, with the idea of freezing it for later use, makes it reasonable to crank up the big oven (which, I'm bound to say, is a storage space most of the time). Good ideas, people. Thanks!

Valued Contributor
Just a little different way, I always use the foil to protect the pan for clean up, but I cover the foil with parchment paper. I don't like the bacon interacting with the foil, the salt and everything, so I use the parchment. Never thought to use it also on top for splatters, thank you.
Honored Contributor

One I learned to make bacon in the oven, I haven't looked back. It's so easy and it doesn't curl up, comes out right every time.

Super Contributor

I have occasionally had bacon that would not crisp but stayed a bit soggy, especially when cooked in a skillet. Never thought to check if they added water.

Bacon always seems so different from package to package, regardless of what brand I buy. I had a four pound package from Costco last year; three pounds were the best I've had in a long time and the fourth was terrible. It's a big mystery. Like why different hard boiled eggs from the same dozen can be easy and impossible to peel...

Honored Contributor

One of my favs is Oscar Mayer Thick Cut. A while back I tried Farmer John's thick cut and that was fine, too.

Haven't tried the Costco brand, although I do know their brand is usually quite good. But weird that some of it was good and the rest not so much. Smiley Sad

Frequent Contributor

I broil the whole pound of bacon in the oven. Comes out nice & crispy and the leftovers are used in other dishes.

Honored Contributor

I have bacon & eggs almost every morning for breakfast. It is a regular part of my healthy nutrition plan for losing weight. I just cook the bacon in a pan on my stove.

I'm working on using my microwave as little as possible & can't imagine using the oven to cook bacon every day.

Honored Contributor

I use the broiler in the oven....I use the broiler pan that came with the oven, put a bit of water in the bottom (for the grease to swim in) and broil, I leave the oven door ajar and watch closely..turn several times. It comes out nice and crisp and not swimming in grease.

Super Contributor

Does anybody know if you can do bacon in a George Foreman, or is it too thin?