Valued Contributor

Sorry about all the posts. My computer went cuckoo. How do you delete a post?

Respected Contributor

Back when QVC had the 50/50 tour, they had a product called Makin Bacon. A young girl invented it and it is still for sale at Walmart in the microwave item section. It is a microwave tray with 3 T- Bars, to hang the bacon on. The grease drips to the tray and the bacon is soo good. You cook it for 1 minute per slice. It holds about 12 slices. I keep the bacon drippings to season my veggies with. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

In my George Foreman grill - comes out perfect (nice and crispy) every time! Only trick is you need to watch it carefully; it goes from ""nowhere near ready"" to ""overdone"" quickly.

Honored Contributor

We buy the microwave pre-cooked bacon

easy to cook and no mess. Doesn't taste as great as fried in the pan but there is a trade off

Honored Contributor
Super Contributor

It works great!!

Respected Contributor

I saw this on the net, this came from restaurant cooks. They line a rimmed baking sheet pan with parchment paper or foil, then layer on the bacon. Then cover the bacon with parchment paper and another baking sheet pan on top. Bake at 350 until done. The bacon is flat and you can save the grease.

I'd cover the bottom of a baking sheet pan with foil. That way I don't have to wash either pan. I'd save the baking grease,and just take off the foil and throw it away.

Honored Contributor
On 1/22/2014 Barbarainnc said:

I saw this on the net, this came from restaurant cooks. They line a rimmed baking sheet pan with parchment paper or foil, then layer on the bacon. Then cover the bacon with parchment paper and another baking sheet pan on top. Bake at 350 until done. The bacon is flat and you can save the grease.

I'd cover the bottom of a baking sheet pan with foil. That way I don't have to wash either pan. I'd save the baking grease,and just take off the foil and throw it away.

That's basically what I said (upthread) I do. Like you, though, I cover the bottom with aluminum foil. Then I lay out the strips of bacon atop that. Then I cover the whole thing with a sheet of parchment paper. This precludes splatter extremely well.

But I do 400F for about 20 minutes. (less for thinner bacon)