Respected Contributor

Re: Hey everyone, special cooking for September 2017???

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone-----I was up early and got a lot done today.

@mousiegirl----No the dogs do not sleep/live in the house. They are 4 trained guard dogs, German Shepards of different ages, who are never tied up or confined. They have been taught to use a certain portion of the property to defecate and urinate which makes clean-up easier.They have free range of the entire 11 acres of land and ,when they are in their kennel, they have an open door policy and can come and go as they please. During the day, one or more of them is with me most of the time. 

I usually have no trouble falling asleep or staying asleep but it was just one of those things.

@Pooky1---hope you enjoy your shopping......

Contributor

Tonight I am having mushrooms, angel hair pasta and sauce I bought at the Italian restaurant. YUM!

Winifred, I teach a classroom of children like your Ricky, here's my strategy. Sometimes I feel like I cannot teach certain kids, but I can love them until then. Those are the ones that give me hugs and tell me they love me. Also, I try to give them my calm when things are getting crazy. I get extra calm. You must have incredible strength, It's not easy.

Danky, What a huge yard you have!

Respected Contributor

well this is how it went. went to price rite then stop and shop and so far so good then reach for my keys and didnt have them. yup keys were still in my ignition.so my mother inlaw anna called her brother inlaw that near by and went to get my spare keys. so like 20 minutes we were on our way home.hope everyone had a good day and will have a great weekend and happy fall.

Honored Contributor

DH gave me his cold, so have depended on leftovers for his dinners, but last night, due to needing some space in the freezer for newly arrived beef patties and cinnamon buns from here, I pulled out a bag of vege potstickers, my least favorite, and cooked some for DH, telling him though I didn't like to do it, I would have to toss the rest.  He said to cook all of them, and he would eat them another night, so I did.  I had five for breakfast this morning, as I said, not my favorite so didn't enjoy them, lol.

The problem is, there is still another bag in the freezer!  I ordered pork for me, and DH will have to eat the vege until they are gone, but he doesn't mind them the way I do.

I ordered pork loin chops from here, so will grill some of those for tomorrow night, tonight, for DH, will be beef patties and the rest of the mac salad, if it is still good, otherwise, a green salad.  I am feeling worse today than all week, so feed him, and off to bed with the pups.  I have been enjoying extra sleep, and being sick is the only time I seem to get it, usually am sleep deprived, but try to make that up with a power nap in the afternoon, if I need it, works great.

Respected Contributor

sgood afternoon everyone and mousiegirl i hope you start to feel better. a cold when its warm or hot out makes you feel even worse than in winter.this is the first day the sun has been out here in ri since last sunday. and starting tomorrow back in the 80s. i so prefer low 70s but atleast were seeing the sun. tonight leftover lasagna roll ups but since maria is still not back to her self food still isnt tasting good for her. its been like 6 weeks she hasnt been herself. doctor put her on iron pills and probiotics  hopefully she starts to feel better. hope everyone has a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

sgood afternoon everyone and mousiegirl i hope you start to feel better. a cold when its warm or hot out makes you feel even worse than in winter.this is the first day the sun has been out here in ri since last sunday. and starting tomorrow back in the 80s. i so prefer low 70s but atleast were seeing the sun. tonight leftover lasagna roll ups but since maria is still not back to her self food still isnt tasting good for her. its been like 6 weeks she hasnt been herself. doctor put her on iron pills and probiotics  hopefully she starts to feel better. hope everyone has a great weekend.

@Pooky1  For a cook, losing the sense of taste is terrible, so I hope Maria's new meds work, and allow her sense of taste to return.

Respected Contributor

she made chili the other night and said i dont know how your eating that its awful. i said no its good. you cant taste remember.

Respected Contributor

Am pulling for Maria's taste buds to come back to life. Geesh, that must be terrible.

Freezing this morning - DID turn on the wall heater and vacuumed it like crazy. Got a bit warm but never toasty. Am told tomorrow and the next few days will run near or at 100. Always something.

Tonight am fixing chicken breasts, flavored with Sriracha??? - good but have no clue how to describe it LOL. Also some seasoned Fries and perhaps some Lima beans - works for me. I think McDonalds uses that flavor now in some burgers???

Davey's Dad is out working on my very sad front yard - bless him as he can get his lazy son moving. I got the kids locks replaced in 4 kitchen derawer doors - cannot imagine who would have broken them but the little 2 year old gets into everything. Only took me 3 hours - these old arthritic hands do not work like they use to. Sigh

Hope all had a great day.

Respected Contributor

Very very busy day!!! But a lot accomplished.

Davey's Dad and Davey's sister Lola came up yesterday. Davey's dad is also Dave and he really helped me a lot. He is a mechanic - one rear wheel bearing was going out and he put in a new one - He went with me to Auto Zone as he knew what to get - I did not. Also he fixed several sprinkler heads and put in some grass seed in the front yard - time will tell if it works. Course that means I have to apply a lot of water. Groan. I certainly appreciated his help.

Dinner was pick up for all - Lola and her Dad had left by then so it was me, the little kids and Davey. Having his Dad come up and spend some time with him certainly helps Davey a lot - wish it was more often.

Ricky is hoarse and not feeling the best. Sigh but he has gone to bed - the little girl is a monster reincarnated. LOL. She is getting really testy. Say a prayer I will not have two problem kids here. Geesh.

Esteemed Contributor

I had a bowl of No Yolks noodles and a glass of skim milk for dinner.Smiley Happy

A real fancy dinner, uh?