Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, special cooking for September 2017???

Thought I would make sure this got started ON TIME. THANKS PREDS - you are sooooooooooooo right - August is about gone. Hope you get back here every day. I look forward to your greetings.

Can you believe we had rain like crazy for a short while but everything got soaked and it was accompanied by thunder and lightning. Will wonders ever cease?? Not as hot right now but also not our normal super cool evening. And the very disappointing thing - to me and most others here - is tomorrow is suppose to hit 107 - night temps still NOT dropping. Sigh.

So tomorrow I will be back to tell you if I am cooking anything tomorrow - har de har. Looking to hear from Pooky1 about Maria and also waiting for Preds greeting AND for a lot other people to drop by. Sometimes it gets way too lonesome and I love this part of the kitchen - very very nice people who stop by.

Hope one and all have a good evening. See you tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hey everyone, special cooking for September 2017???

good morning everyone.winifred i wish i could send you some of our much cooler temps. this morning here in ri its in the 40s and only going up to high 60s. maria got her iv taken out yestauday and to her surprise when she saw how long it was. it went from middle of her arm all the way to her heart.they took it out early so now shes wondering if it got taken out early because she didnt need meds any more or because meds are affecting her kidneys. her doctors appointment is next thursday. yestauday picked rest of corn. i noticed squrruls were starting to eat it. picked a whole shopping bag full of cherry tomatos and i made a sauce from them then i made a fratttada  with potatoes onions and green squash. hope you all have a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy september

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

good morning everyone.winifred i wish i could send you some of our much cooler temps. this morning here in ri its in the 40s and only going up to high 60s. maria got her iv taken out yestauday and to her surprise when she saw how long it was. it went from middle of her arm all the way to her heart.they took it out early so now shes wondering if it got taken out early because she didnt need meds any more or because meds are affecting her kidneys. her doctors appointment is next thursday. yestauday picked rest of corn. i noticed squrruls were starting to eat it. picked a whole shopping bag full of cherry tomatos and i made a sauce from them then i made a fratttada  with potatoes onions and green squash. hope you all have a great weekend.

@Pooky1  I didnt know you grew a vege garden, sounds great.  I hope Maria's appointment is positive and relieves her worries. Smiley Happy

I am about to make a potato and mushroom fritatta, with onions, cheese, and herbs, just because I have a lot of each to use before they go bad.

Respected Contributor

Pooky1, like Mousiegirl I also was not aware you were a gardening guru. I think I may have picked up you certainly knew about veggies, etc but did not put it together I guess Good for you. I miss not planting my veggies, fruit trees, etc but just cannot handle it anymore. Not only that with our drought and extensive heat problems cannot really have a garden any more anyhow.

Miserable today. Kids on a rampage primarily due to their grandmother. She has become a royal pain in the butt!!!!! Do not know how else to put it - she has the most vulgar mouth on this planet and cares not the ages hearing it. She has problems but like many of us I guess, does not seem to realize it.

Tomorrow we are having Leah's second BD party at Sherry's home. Her actual BD was August 29 but that was not a good day to do anything. I just wish her Mommy, Father and Paternal grandparents were all able to attend - so very sad in so many ways but such is life at times.

Bird feeders were empty but could not get out to take care of them with the two little ones rolling - I am tired!!! Sleep well everyone. 

By the way, we had a great pizza tonight!!

Respected Contributor

OK people, where on earth are you hiding? I haven't done much cooking the past couple of days but that does not mean I have not been eating. Today Davey and I went up to Oak Glen - first day of the apple season and it was bumper to bumper. Their apples are so very good and a great place to go all year just to have fun. We ate at a fairly new Steak house and on the weekends they have a buffet. Great food  and the main thing is delicious prime rib, All kinds of food but good. A bit pricey but once in a while you can splurge. Davey had three tacos, prime rib, biscuits and gravy and a piece of cake. I had prime rib with my gravy over it - good old country gravy. Had a huge buttered biscuit then I was really in heaven on their greens, sliced cukes and blue cheese dressing - some of the best I have ever eaten. Went back for a repeat on the salad. Forgot Davey also had some fried potatoes. Like I said very good and VERY pricey. My first visit ever at that particular restaurant.

Yesterday we celebrated Leah's second BD up at Sherry's. They have a large place, enormous yard and gorgeous pool. She got a lot of nice things and she and Ricky are still up there. I was not feeling good yesterday by the time the day ended so Sherry asked to keep them for a day or so. Worked for me - it has been so very humid and that is difficult for me.

Tomorrow being Labor Day, in years past has always been a barbecue. Davey is at his friend Joey 's for the night so it is just me here - with Miss Blackie of course. Doubt if there will be a barbecue this year - just have reached the point in my life where those things are just a bit too much for me do do and not only that, not enough here to cook anything for. Will have something to eat however - maybe peanut butter sandwiches. LOL.

Have a great day tomorrow and I hope all will eat well.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy labor day 2017

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone, winifred. love the way you started your greeting.hope everyone had a great weekend.food sounded really good. maria put pork in slow cooker for pulled pork sandwiches served with coldslaw and corn from garden. shes still not feeling back to her self. very tired and food taste off.shes been craving mashed potatoes so i made them twice this weekend. her mom sent up yestauday pasta steak grilled vegi. peppers mushrooms eggplant green squash and corn from garden.  it was really good.hope all has a great week.

Contributor

Well, today was the last official day of summer here at the shore. We spent the day at the beach. On our way home we stopped and got Boston Market. We got a family meal with a chicken, ribs and turkey.On the side cornbread, mashed potatoes, green beans and mac and cheese. I'm just glad I didn't have to cook, they can have that tomorrow as well. It was 25% off a family meal and you can buy a whole rotisserie chicken for $1.99 with that. 

I'm gald everyone is eating well! Enjoy the day!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning one and all. Have my second load of clothes in the washer - Davey picked up his room last night. LOL. Hmn - some miracles never cease. Very chilly last night after about 2 a.m. or so - up until then I was sweating - geesh!!!!

Glad to see that Maria is up and about - hope she takes it slow until her energy matches her wishes - takes some time but hopefully it will happen. Food sounded good.

1905Salad, your meal also sounded very good. Our schools here for some years now start in early August - dumbest thing ever due to the excessive heat and the cost of AC for the schools must be terrible. When my daughter AND brother went to school here, it started on the day after Labor day and NONE of the schools had AC. Times have changed! Weather has gotten thru the years more and more humid - they could not survive without AC now. Wish they would go back to letting the kids stay out of school ALL summer - now they go back early and have a zillion days off and minimum days.

Have no clue what I will fix for dinner - suppose to be a lot less hot today - we shall see. Only get up to 92. Now that will be great if the humidity is gone.

Hope one and all have a very good day.