Respected Contributor

Re: Here it is February 2017 ALREADY!!! What's Cooking in your House

[ Edited ]

Today was Ricky's BD party at the Pizza House in San Bernardino. Boy howdy what a to do. He got so many gifts had to send a lot of them home with Sherry and Matt - would NOT fit in my car and aside from that, do not have a place to put so much stuff. WOW. Pizza was delicious - some came home and a lot of the cake came home. Needless to say there is leftover pizza tonight, but for the two little ones some extra stuff cooked just for them  to keep them healthy. Of course cake came home too - and I was worried I did not have enough. Geesh!!!!

Am ready for bed - sure!!! Am feeling a tad better but am trying to be careful as I know what pneumonia can do to an old coot like me. Still another scan in the future for a problem in my lungs. Oh well.

Hope to get to church tomorrow - missed it last week and I can handle sitting there.

Take care one and all - hopefully all ate well.

Respected Contributor

mousiegirl that all sounds super good.we had just leftovers and burger king the night before.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy sunday images

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Tossed a bunch of veggies in a pan, cooked them up, put a terayaki sauce on them and had cheese toast. Strange, but good. Cold out here in Sou Cal tonight.

Honored Contributor

Image result for monday already images

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone.sometimes something thrown togeather quick can be very good. yestauday i cooked a pound of pasta and in another pan 2 cans of chick peas cream butter grated cheese salt and pepper mixed together and was really good. everyone have a awesome day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I cooked the two-bone roast that DH bought.  I let it get to room temperature, rubbed with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, then roasted at 450 degrees for fifteen minutes, then at 350, fifteen minutes per pound for rare.  I took it out of the oven before that, as I am always afraid of beef getting overdone, but should have left it in for another ten minutes at least.  What we ate was perfect, and the rest will be in sandwiches.  If any of it needs a bit more cooking, that is easy to do, but we like beef rare. Smiley Happy  The sides were the roasted smashed potatoes and peas.

Lots of leftovers for this week as after a day of putting Christmas away and organizing, the last thing I want to do is cook.  Fortunately, DH is good about this.

Sunny but so cold.  50 degree weather is very cold, for me.  This has been the longest winter I can remember in decades.  At least, we are out of the drought, finally. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Burritos for dinner - storming like crazy here. Geesh, after a super long drought this needs to back off a bit now. LOL. Absolutely NOTHING as go withs. This group is getting way too piggy - they need to cut back. Now, me I need to go the other way. Going to have my burrito shortly - each fix their own - works like a charm for me that is!!!

Sleep well everyone!

Honored Contributor

Image result for good morning funny

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Had some delicious home made veggie soup in the freezer - put it in a pan and heated it up - took a few short hours. Better tonight than when it was freshly made. LOVED IT!! Yummy for sure. I probably ate too much but still a lot left over.