Super Contributor

I have so many spices and have run out of drawer space. I am now using a narrow drawer and I have the bottles stacked up on top of one another. When I want to use 1 spice, I have to mess up the whole drawer. I need another solution. I've been looking at spice racks but most of them are too small for my collection. I have limited counter space and the only possible space is a "dead" corner to put a rack, drawer, etc...??? Since I've been shopping at Penzeys my spices have increased! Please help!

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of Penzey's spices too. I have Rubbermaid turntables full of spices & still have more spices then will fit on them. I also have spices by Simply Organic & the glass jars they come in are a little on the big size. I think the best thing for me would be to buy small glass jars from Penzey's & buy the spices in the bags to fill the jars myself so I can stack them. I also need to figure something out I have so many.

Respected Contributor

Do you have cupboard space? I use jelly canning jars for mine, but it takes up 2 whole shelves. Luckily I have a pantry.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

Penzey's got me in the same situation. I have an open sided bookcase that I use to store my spices, dried herbs, and oils.

My bay leaves, chili peppers and bags of peppercorns go in a plastic shoe box to keep them organized.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

I bought a back of the door rack for spices. It has 5 shelves and goes on the back of the kitchen door.

Respected Contributor

QVC used to sell something like this.

Product Details

I have two plus a turntable for larger spice jars. I've been using them for at least two years, no problems. I don't know what I'd do without them, so easy to find what I need. This image is from Amazon.

Honored Contributor
On 8/31/2014 Free2be said:

QVC used to sell something like this.

Product Details

I have two plus a turntable for larger spice jars. I've been using them for at least two years, no problems. I don't know what I'd do without them, so easy to find what I need. This image is from Amazon.

bed bath and beyond has this style - at least they did a few months ago I have them. they also come with a slide swivel style I keep some in these small craft locking jars I found at michaels & bb&b has nice selection of spice jars
Valued Contributor

HSN sells these great spice racks

Contributor

Ever since dh retired, I have to hunt for my spices. Have 2 turn tables that I really like. I was told many, many yrs ago to keep red spices in the refrigerator. Don't remember why...............gosh don't remember what I had for dinner!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor
On 8/31/2014 CaitlinH said:

HSN sells these great spice racks

Those look really nice.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*