Regular Contributor
Need to purchase a mini just for myself and make one cup in the morning. I like the bigger size in my regular keurig. Those of you that have the mini what model do you have and have you had the same issues I've had with replacing them because they stop working?
Contributor

Re: Help choosing Keurig mini

beautybuster, I had the cute little K10 model (in the yellow)...for a moment. I have the large platinum one but wanted a smaller one that I could keep in my office (for coffee, tea and hot water). I went through the "set up" process with the water etc. I took it to work and water leaked all over the place. I started over but, the same thing happened again or the unit would hold the water and not complete the process of filtering through...several wasted K cups. I decided to take the unit back home and I read where the unit had a recall associated with it. I thought about ordering the K40 (I gave this as a holiday gift) but, I really did want a small one-the K10 was really a cute little thing!

Respected Contributor

You have to make sure that you don't put more water in it than the 10oz because it will leak all over the place. We got around this by opening the k-cup holder lid so the water went right into the reservoir but still didn't use more than the 10oz. It is great for the office or dorm room where space is limited.

Honored Contributor

I own 2 minis and have had each for something over 5 or 6 years. So far, so good. One model came from QVC - I think the first year they presented minis; the other came from Bed, Bath.

I wanted a bigger model, but my counter space is just too limited. Fortunately for me, snowbird friends of mine loaned me their big Keurig to try and I realized just how much I hated it in my house.

I actually keep both a mini as well as a small drip pot on my counters and that's just not nearly as overwhelming in appearance.

Esteemed Contributor

We have 2 Keurig minis - one in the kitchen and one at the office. Both are over 2 years old and so far no trouble. I didn't know that there were different types of Keurig mini. Ours are just very basic, but they work for us. If/when they break we'll buy another.

ETA One was purchased from QVC as a TSV and the other is from Bed, Bath & Beyond.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett