Honored Contributor

Did I see these on Davids show? They are large cups for your lunch. Perfect for the Microwave.

Respected Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I have these and they are great.  I believe these are a larger size than what I purchased last year though.  The size I purchased last year was perfect for taking a large bowl of soup or chili to work.

Honored Contributor

Thank you all!

Respected Contributor

i just looked at these. Nice but way too big for a lunch portion. 30oz.  would work well for a salad, but who can eat 4 cups of leftovers?  soup or something you'd only be filling it less than half full. smaller ones. count me in. 

Regular Contributor

I found them at Aldi for $3.99.

If you have an Aldi close by, the Sistema cups show up late fall or winter.

Honored Contributor

Sistema--I have bought several in smaller size at Marshall's.  These were a lifesaver for me when I had to use a walker for a while and was home alone.  I put my coffee in it (or other type of food) and snapped the lid and could hold it in one hand and use the walker to get into the other room.  Now I use them for leftovers from restaurants--freeze and heat in the microwave.  A larger one could be used to steam vegetables for one or two.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help! Lock n Lock cups

[ Edited ]

@kittyloo wrote:

i just looked at these. Nice but way too big for a lunch portion. 30oz.  would work well for a salad, but who can eat 4 cups of leftovers?  soup or something you'd only be filling it less than half full. smaller ones. count me in. 

@kittyloo - I have the previous version that holds 22 oz, and a can of Progresso soup just barely fits in it, so I'm upgrading to these cups to allow for some extra "splash room" while enjoying soups and other liquid items. I think this size will also be perfect for reheating leftovers, which Sistema products do a great job of due to their ability to keep food moist and juicy in the microwave.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Sistema--I have bought several in smaller size at Marshall's.  These were a lifesaver for me when I had to use a walker for a while and was home alone.  I put my coffee in it (or other type of food) and snapped the lid and could hold it in one hand and use the walker to get into the other room.  Now I use them for leftovers from restaurants--freeze and heat in the microwave.  A larger one could be used to steam vegetables for one or two.

I agree with you. "Lifesaver" is not an exaggeration.  I don't know how I would have provided for my dad without them.  

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

In case anyone is wondering why QVC sponsors this forum... I mentioned Sistema this morning and miraculously had an ad for them appear in my FB feed!

So, my next wish is for a million dollars!

IMG_9096 (1).jpg

~ house cat ~