Not applicable

Health First - Mrs. Prindable's

Just talked to the FDA directly today and they confirmed that the CDC has advised that no caramel covered apples be eaten. There is an active foodborne illness investigation underway after an outbreak that has sickened and killed people. Mrs. Prindable's are probably fine but I find I have no appetite to eat them at present and I will not gift such an awkward item. I will happily consume them in the future, but for now, health and safety first.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Health First - Mrs. Prindable's

Another thread? I really feel bad for Mrs. Prindables. They are a local company here and this will no doubt affect them now and in the future. It has been stated by the CDC not to eat any commercially made caramel apple. This includes Mrs Prindables and all other companies producing caramel apples. So far....Their company was not involved in any of the cases that caused sickness or death from listeria. I hope people will continue to buy them next year after this passed .
Super Contributor

So, you joined this forum today just to make this post??? Don't you know how to search to see if there was already a thread started on this subject (or several for that matter)? I got a Mrs. P's apple yesterday and have every intention of eating it.

Respected Contributor

On 12/22/2014 dfyre said:

So, you joined this forum today just to make this post??? Don't you know how to search to see if there was already a thread started on this subject (or several for that matter)? I got a Mrs. P's apple yesterday and have every intention of eating it.

Don't you think your response was a little harsh? So what if the OP joined today! Everyone has to join sometime. Enjoy the apple.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Regular Contributor

Be kind........

Honored Contributor

LOL Another Prindable's thread. That poor company is being hammered by something out of the blue.

Valued Contributor

OP, I totally agree with you. Better to be safe than sorry!!

Trusted Contributor

They cost so much that I am tempted to eat mine, too! I bought one from Savannah's Candy Kitchens and ate it over the weekend, then today I received a gift of Mrs. Prindables. I had rather be safe than sorry, but wow, I love these caramel/chocolate apples!!

Super Contributor

So what if the OP joined today? Why should she have to search for a thread when she has every right by start her own. If you don't like that, don't bother to read it. It was your choice to open the thread knowing full well what it was about.
Honored Contributor

You have to do what makes you comfortable.