Contributor

Several years ago I purchased the Hard Anadized Cookware from the QVC and need to know if the older version work on glass top stoves.  My set is still in excellent condition so I don't to purchase new cookware when I get my new stove unless it is necessary.  Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Honored Contributor

@Just Me Too.  I haven't  had any problem with my old cookware working on my glass topped stove.  The only requirement is that the bottoms be perfectly flat and not warped.  Most modern pots and pans are made to stay flat so this is not a problem.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Just Me Too - If you are installing a regular glass stovetop, virtually any pan will work on it just fine; simply be careful when moving around heavy pots like cast iron Dutch ovens. If you are installing an induction stovetop, your pans must have magnetic bases in order to activate the burners—you can test whether they have this property using any standard magnet.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've had glass tops for 20 years easily.  Just don't slide any pots. (Not an easy habit for men to break, I'll tell ya!

Also, put anything you want to boil on a few seconds earlier.  They heat up slightly slower.  NO MORE DIRTY PANS UNDER STOVE EYES!!!!!  WHOOPIE!!!

See the source image

Honored Contributor

I'm on my third glass top and I've found mine heated up really fast, especially the one I have now.  All my cookware works just fine.  My only suggestion is don't buy a white one.

Contributor

Thanks