Honored Contributor

Hamilton Beach 50.00 processor

I bought at walmart just to make cole slaw with and a whole lot faster then with the KA 250 one.   Nice just to pop on and off the lid !

I got it hid from hubby LOL the KA is still best at slicing, so, they will both have a purpose

Honored Contributor

Re: Hamilton Beach 50.00 processor

@SharkE  Is it red?  Don't know why you have to hide it.  Don't you use it to fix HIS meals? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

nope just black.   he gripes when I buy small appliances

" we don't have any more room for all that 'stuff' " LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I'll confess.  I bought that KA chopper from QVC, and checked it out, as reviewers had commented on difficulties using it.  Seemed fine:  until I needed to use it for a dish I had to bring to a church dinner in a couple hours! No way could I push that thing far enough over to lock so it would work!!!Woman Mad So, next day I ordered a 'discontinued' Cuisinart chopper from Amazon at about $35. The model was not discontinued, just the color (pink). It's a snap to use - works like a charm! And, a local charity got a never-been used KA chopper!

I've found, just mo, that sometimes the more expensive appliances are not always the best!

Honored Contributor

That's true, KA puts so many safety features on their stuff that it's to hard to use. It's good and heavy and you can put in a whole potato whereas, with my cheapie Hamilton Beach you can't , so, can't use to fix fried potatoes.

I'll make pimento chees in the HB and slaw and use the pricey KA for other tasks. Men, don't understand this stuff LOL

Besides I'm paying for it, so, he needs to blow it out his ------ LOL

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

nope just black.   he gripes when I buy small appliances

" we don't have any more room for all that 'stuff' " LOL

So go out and buy a commercial Hobart mixer. The last one I worked with  was a dull silver. It should look nice in your kitchen, once you find another spot for the refrigerator. That should teach your DH to be grateful that all you buy are "small appliances."

Honored Contributor

I got a big Cuisinart mixer and a KA red mini. Fixed for mixers. LOL

Not everything is out,  in my long hallway off the kitchen I got lots of cabinets where I have all my stuff hidden behind doors. LOL

Should finish up my 'new' cabinets this weekend as shown over in 'Home' the wood stain to a darker finish is about done !   Thank the Lord !