Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I ordered these Green pans. When I read the product insert , it states  Do Not use extra virgin olive oil and some other oils. It said you can use butter or corn oil or peanut butter , none of which are low cholesterol .  Well,  I was not happy as these were to be a gift  to a family member who only uses extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil . This is where the QVC cooking show Host and to that end the vendor never said a word abt this . Also the Host said you can use in the oven  but the product insert says nothing abt being oven safe . The insert describes  alot of picky ways to maintain these pans . The QVC website  dproduct description said nothing abt using specific oils or if they are oven safe.

I think if there was  less  giggling and just showing tons of food being pored out of these pans would  better serve us shoppers . So, these pans are likely to be sent back as I sure don't need  anymore cookware. I'll look  elsewhere today on Cyber Monday.

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 

Thank you so much for your in-depth review of the instructions for this cookware!

It will truly help other buyers who may be considering this product, much appreciated.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@skatting44 , @KingstonsMom       Yes, the review is much appreciated.    I have been looking at the "copper, granite, green, etc." pans........and decided my good old Farberware is here to stay.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Yes, I ordered these Green pans. When I read the product insert , it states  Do Not use extra virgin olive oil and some other oils. It said you can use butter or corn oil or peanut butter , none of which are low cholesterol .  Well,  I was not happy as these were to be a gift  to a family member who only uses extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil . This is where the QVC cooking show Host and to that end the vendor never said a word abt this . Also the Host said you can use in the oven  but the product insert says nothing abt being oven safe . The insert describes  alot of picky ways to maintain these pans . The QVC website  dproduct description said nothing abt using specific oils or if they are oven safe.

I think if there was  less  giggling and just showing tons of food being pored out of these pans would  better serve us shoppers . So, these pans are likely to be sent back as I sure don't need  anymore cookware. I'll look  elsewhere today on Cyber Monday.

I'm looking at the insert now.  It does say oven safe up to 325.  As to not using extra virgin olive oil, it states that at high temperature it may carbonize or stain.  I am fine with all of that. I received the set of three pans and just ordered the matching lids. Love these pans. 

Valued Contributor

Thank you.  I was considering as a gift for my son and dil.  Will rethink.

Esteemed Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

I'm looking at the insert now.  It does say oven safe up to 325.  As to not using extra virgin olive oil, it states that at high temperature it may carbonize or stain.  I am fine with all of that. I received the set of three pans and just ordered the matching lids. Love these pans. 

Maybe you received a different set than I as the product insert book I received specifically stated " Do Not use extra virgin olive oil " . Again I did not see if they were oven safe, although the QVC Host said they could be used in the oven up to 350 degrees . 

Respected Contributor

If interested in good ceramic pans, take a look at carawayhome dot com.  Wonderful reviews, fabulous colors.  If I needed a new set, I'd consider this brand and the price for a set is very reasonable now at $395.  It comes with a storage divider and a lid holder, oven safe to 550, free ship and a 30 day trial to return.